Chapter 15

People rushed around as four men hurried into the room, each carrying a corner of a stretcher. On it, there was a woman with long hair, that was braided in a strange manner but this was not what caught everyone's attention. It was the huge, black gash on her side and the dark vines leaving it that made everyone take a sharp breath.

"Put her here," a female voice called and gestured towards a small bed. The female was placed down in a hurry and the soldiers sighed as they were able to escape the heat. It was only after a moment, that the doors were thrown open and a feared man entered, followed by his brother and three other people.

"Where is she?" his voice boomed, making people flinch in fear.

"Here, darling," his mother cooed as she tried to figure out how to cure her. The black-haired man rushed to her and took in the woman on the bed. Her skin was bright red and an almost unbearable heat radiated off her.

"She is burning and the venom is only pushing it," the Queen stated worriedly as she watched the maid and the Prince. It took him a moment to take it in and to make a decision.

"I will take it upon me to cure her," he stated and cradled her in his arms.

"But you do not know how to heal her. She will be dying," his mother countered in concern about both of them.

"Do you even know what she is?" he asked in rage and fear as his nostrils grew wide.

"She is a fire demon and therefore, her body can handle the venom as long as she does not burn too hot and I happen to know a way of cooling her down," he hissed before teleporting into his chambers before anyone could say another word.

As soon as they arrived in the so well-known surrounding, the Prince started by taking off her closes so he could cover the injury. His skin turned blue to cool her down and to prevent himself from getting burned as he worked with skilled and fast fingers. After finishing, he fast placed her properly on the bed, sealing the door with a wave of his hand and stripped to his undergarments so that he could free her from as much heat as possible.

Carefully, he laid down behind her, his arms sneaking around her nearly nude form and her back pressing against his cold chest.

--- Time Skip ---

It took days of constant cooling till the venom was burned entirely. The Prince had not once left his place from behind her and had summoned his foot from outside his room.

The time, spent there lying and holding her close, left the man thinking. His thoughts brought him back to how she became his personal maid, how feisty she was but also how innocent and cheerful she was once you got to know her. He also remembered the scene in the ballroom, when she freed him the first time from Dökkur's faithful grip and now, she was fighting for her life because she once again was there for him.

Guilt bubbled in him about how he was the reason for her to nearly die. As soon as she would come back to health, she would surely leave because taking care of a man; a monster like him was way too difficult and risky. And who could blame her for it? Even the Prince could not counter her arguments because every word spoken would be true.

A soft moan woke him from his trance. Eyelids fluttered as the woman tried to turn and relieved black eyes with golden dots in them. The Prince hushed the whimpering woman as his arms held her close and protectively to his chest.

"I am here for you and I won't let you go till you are well again," he spoke with his silken voice that was so very gently that it stilled her and sent her back to sleep. A hand soothingly ran up and down her back, lulling her in deeper.

25.05.2021