Chapter 14

Fury burned in black eyes as metal sliced mercilessly through layers of fabric and straw. The bright light made the blade of the sword look like it was on fire and just matching the look on the woman's face.

Again, one of the training dolls fell to the ground, completely and utterly destroyed and torn apart.

"Give the poor dummies a break and let the work of the servants last for more than mere minutes," the warm voice of the Prince called.

It had been only a few days since he and his father had returned but the news of the dark Prince's faith had left his maid shattered. Not only had they lost the young Prince but also had she really believed him. She had believed that he would stay safe; that he would come back. To her of all the people. How dump could she have been to think that the God of mischief and lies would return to her, a maid and filthy creature? And what planted the thought that she could believe his vows into her head?

The woman swung her sword now again and finished off another doll.

"What good does it if I do so?" she asked, the bitterness in her more present than ever in her life.

"Because you should spare your energy if you want to help us free him," the blonde responded, letting her freeze mid-action. Slowly she turned around, her eyes wide open.

"We are planning on freeing my brother before the ceremony takes place," he reported as the slightly smaller woman stepped up to him.

"What ceremony?" she asked warily.

--- Time Skip ---

"One of your sources informed us that Dökkur is planning on getting what he wants by marrying Loki and force him with a spell to turn into his wife. The spell also contains that we can't kill him without killing Loki and so also Loki can't kill him without dying himself," the Prince reported as everyone was gathered in the King's studies. The ministers, the royal family and also a certain maid was seated among the people in the room.

"When is it meant to take place?" one of the men asked.

"In two days and after it began, we can not stop the ceremony." People nodded and scanned the map on the table intensely. It took them nearly two hours to make a plan and as the meeting ended, everyone prepared to leave. Also, the maid strode out with determined steps but a hand caught her shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Thor asked, only making her glare at him.

"Don't think that I will stay behind again. The last time I gave in to Prince Loki's begging because he promised to stay safe and to come back. Since he did nothing of both, I see myself forced to take part in freeing him to kick his royal butt," she answered and tore her shoulder from the chuckling Prince's hand.

She may was a maid but hell was she feisty.

--- Time Skip ---

"Are you sure about this?" the King asked and wanted to convince the female to back out.

"I am, my King," she bowed and let her eyes turn black as she came up again. For a moment, the Allfather was taken back but fast regained his composure as he understood what a creature was fighting in his rows.

"Verry well then," he spoke and ordered the armed forces to take formation. Everyone knew what to do and so, the battle began. While the footmen fought off the surprised Nefilheimen, Prince Thor and the warriors three rushed in to free the Prince. The maid was assigned to stand guard on the royal wing to make Thor and his backup aware of Dökkur's arrival.

(Y/N) stood in the corridors, the white ribbon tied around her wrist as a reminder of all the wrong that the new King had caused. Just as the thought had crossed her mind, a door opened and relieved the one person she wanted to burn down so desperate.

Dökkur neared her with relaxed steps as she tapped the gem that would inform the others of the King's presence.

"What is a maid like you doing here while they try to free Prince Loki? You should be in Asgard where it is safe for a woman like you," he scorned and made her blood boil.

"I am here to make you pay," she hissed and placed her hand on the handle of the sword.

"Oh, are you?" he sneered, coming even closer. Now the woman raised her sword and the ribbon with the small attachment was on display. For a moment, Dökkur paused in shock and rage overcame his feature.

"YOU!" he yelled and tried to grab her arm but as he came too close, his skin started to burn and to bubbled in nasty blisters.

"What are you?" he hiss-yelled as he flinched in pain.

"Well... you should know, shouldn't you? At least it was you that killed her because she was different. It was you, who took advantage of a pure soul that could not even control her powers. You took my sister's life and our happiness and you will have to pay for it," she growled lowly. Her skin burned bright red and her black eyes seemed soulless as they burned holes into Dökkur's soul.

Frightened, the King pulled his weapon and tried to defeat the woman that moved so expertly that one could think that she never was meant to do anything else. The female had the royal nearly on his knees as a massage from Thor reached her, distracting her for a moment.

"If you want to kill someone, make sure you end it before your focus slips," he sneered as he jumped back to his feet, ready to strike.

"What did you do to imprison the Prince?" she growled after witnessing the massage from the blonde. Now, the Nefilheim'n smirked sickening.

"So, this all was about you having the Prince," he breathily laughed.

"Well, too bad that as long as I am alive, he will be wherever I want him to be and there is nothing that you can do about it," he mocked her.

"You are wrong," she stated before attacking, striking even more resolute than before. The smirk was again whipped from his face as they fought, metal crashing against metal and ragged breathes filling their lungs.

A cry of pain stilled the heated fighting and a figure fell to their knees. A big slice ragged the skin of their leg and blood stained the fabric.

"This is not only for my sister but also for everyone you have wronged. Your father, your people, the maids, Prince Loki," she counted as her blade was pressed against his neck.

"If it wasn't that urgent, I'd let you suffer and then, when you are begging," she kneeled down in front of him.

"Then I would let you bleed out, slowly and painfully. Just as you did with my sister, my blood," she whispered as the cold metal drew the warm, crimson liquid from his throat. The life slipped from his eyes and the moment it vanished completely, a sharp pain shot through her side, sending a cry through the air.

Black leathered knees hit the marble ground as her vision blurred with tears. Hands gazed over the hurting part of her body and found a wide gash, venom coursing through her vines from thereon. Darkness wrapped itself around her slowly as muted voices reached her ears. And then, she slipped away into the endless darkness.

17.05.2021