Chapter 5

The dark-haired Prince and his maid, that had become somewhat like his shadow over the last weeks, made their way towards the throne room for another day of terrible attempts to make the man laugh. A long line of people bowed as the Prince walked by. Taking their usual spots, the day began. The first hour went as usual. While Loki pretended to pay attention to the people in front of him, he communicated with the woman behind him. After the day in the garden, the Prince found himself in a better mode and nearly smiling at times.

Just as someone was about to take his chance of embarrassing himself, the doors swung open and two men in black armour entered. A bunch of maids and servants followed them.

"King Adric, Prince Dökkur. It is a pleasure to see you. What circumstance do we owe your presence?" King Odin asked the men standing in front of him.

"King Odin. I see you still try to make Prince Loki laugh. My Prince," the elder man bowed and his son followed his father's action. The dark Prince nodded shortly.

"Well, since it appears that you didn't have any luck, give my son the chance to win yours," the brown-haired man with silvern strands suggested. Prince Loki's eyes widened in disbelieve. This couldn't be true.

"Sure, but previously, let you be my guests." Odin smiled brightly as he stood, gesturing wildly.

"Verry well then, shall we go to attempt lunch? (Y/N), organize everything for our guests," the Allfather ordered. The woman from Prince Loki's side hurried out the door and made her way towards the maids' kitchen to fulfil the King's order. Half an hour later, two extra seats were arranged and the meal was carried into the room.

In the hall, loud chattering could be heard. Many people talked but one voice was especially noticeable. Prince Dökkur boomed as he talked with Thor, his voice even louder than the blonde Prince's as he reported about one of his battles. The (H/C)-haired woman walked up to them with an amphora in hands.

"Wine, your Majesty?" she asked as she bowed to the man with caramel-brown hair.

"Aah, who could say no to the offer of such a lovely lady?" he asked, smirking at her. Without a word, she poured him a cup of wine. Just as the young woman turned to ask Prince Thor if he wanted something as well, the Prince placed his hands on her hips and pulled her into his lap. A squeak escaped her lips and her hands tightened around the clayey object.

"Excuse me, my Prince, I need to continue my work," she stated in a calm voice, her face tensed and again filled with the always present annoyance.

"Oh, come on love." The alcohol was strongly edged into his breath and sent a cold shiver down the maid's spine.

"Prince Dökkur let the woman go. She is a good woman and I'm sure if someone sweeps her off her feet, he'll curt her." The Prince grumped but did as Thor asked. With a relieved sigh, the woman stood up and went to continue her work. The Prince didn't let the occasion slide to be a prat and therefore slapped her backside hard. (Y/N) suppressed an eye-roll.

"Do you want some, Prince Loki?" she asked, pulling the black-haired God from his thoughts. He had watched Prince Dökkur's behaviour and felt an unawaited rage. His green eyes shoot up, meeting with hers.

"Are you all right, my Prince?" she asked, worry in her eyes.

"Y-yes. What did you say?" he asked, his hands unbailing in his lap.

"Do you want to have some wine, Prince Loki?" she asked again, a hint of concern remaining. He denied friendly. The young woman walked down the table, pouring here and there a cup of wine. After two long hours, the meal was finally over and as the Prince spotted his personal maid again, she was in the kitchen, her uniform strained with drinks and leftovers.

"Miss (Y/N). I believe that you should be fulfilling your duties as my personal maid," the Prince stated as he watched her wash the mountains of dirty dishes.

"Oh, pardon me, my Prince. I was just helping the other maids." Her hands dried themselves on her apron. A big thin hand waved and all the plates and cups washed themselves in mere seconds. The silverware followed suit and fast, everything was done.

"Thank you, my Prince." A small smile tucked on the pale man's lips as his maid bowed, accidentally showing all the strains on her clothing. Green eyes glared at the maid's clothes for a moment. The young woman looked up and saw the man's intense glare but before she could say a word, he turned and waved his hand. The red and brown colour blobs vanished and the fabric felt freshly washed. For a moment, (E/C) eyes stared at the new uniform. Shure, she knew magic as well but was she way under his capabilities. She was soon interrupted in her gazing.

"Will you come now or not?" a male voice asked. With a fast pace, she followed the dark Prince to his chambers to continue her work.

07.03.2021