Chapter 12

After the woman had left, the spell vanished and Prince Dökkur tumbled towards the ground. Guards hurried out the moment after but returned without a trace of the strange woman.

"You!" Dökkur snarled and set off to attack the Asgardian Prince. Just as he was about to reach the raven-haired, a loud voice boomed.

"Son! Stop this. You saw yourself that it was not his doing," the King of Nefilheim ordered and caused the man to surrender.

"Following King Odin's statement, Prince Loki is no longer destined to marry you. Also, there are things we have to sort out," he stated bitterly and everyone knew: The Prince was in trouble. As soon as the dialogue ended, the black-haired Prince ran out of the room and once through the entire palace. He stopped as he arrived at the servant's wing and walked towards one special room. As he arrived, his first knocked softly against the door.

"Come in," a soft voice answered and allowed him inside. The door opened and as soon as the Prince had entered, it closed again. Inside, his maid stood her free time dress on and her hair in fine waves.

"Prince Loki," she noted and surprise played in her voice but her lips disclosed her play. The deep red painted flesh was pulled into a wicked smile that reminded of so much of the woman in the ballroom only minutes ago.

"What are you doing here? Are you not supposed to get wedded at this moment?" she asked curiously and stepped closer to the Prince.

"Well, faith did send me a savior and so it came that I am still a free man and Prince Dickhead is in big trouble," he chuckled, recalling the fear in the Prince's face.

"Do you now understand, my Prince? Life may tries to hinder us at times but it always gives a solution along with the problem. It is like a prison cell. There is not one door without a hole and somewhere there is a key," she stated and smiled at the Prince. For a moment, the two just looked at each other and just as the Prince wanted to express his thank, someone else knocked on the door. The maid swirled around and threw the dress under the bed before answering the door.

A sign of relief left her lips as she saw Queen Frigga standing in the hall. She stepped aside and let the woman enter.

"Congratulations, my dear. You really did a wonderful job there," she cheered and hugged the smaller woman.

"What?" Loki asked as he took in the information. His mother looked at him and snickered.

"Were you really believing I'd let you suffer by a small unwariness that may was the best thing of this day and situation?" she asked smiling. The Prince remained shocked.

"I knew what had happened and your maiden in an exotic dress had some help with this," she stated and glimpsed at the woman beside her.

"So you-"

"Knew about all this? Yes. Told you about it? No. It would have not worked if you knew and so we decided to keep it from you," the blonde stated. Now the Price was in awe. He, the God of lies and mischief, had been tricked and lied to and he had not once had a suspicion. This two were really amazing. Loki snapped out of it and wrapped his maid into a tight hug. She yelped in surprise but fast relaxed and hugged the Prince back.

"Thank you," he whispered into her ear as his face was buried into her long hair. She tightened her grip around the man's torso and buried her face into the soft fabric.

"There is no need for thanks. Your happiness is the only thing that matters."

02.05.2021