28. Detention, Darling

Fourth Book

Mid-November, 1994
Sixth Year

Fred watched Ara, smile plastered on his face, while making sure there were no Law Enforcement Officers near her. They avoided the area Zonko's was in while making their way towards the public Floo.

They were back in Diagon Alley. They'd had a very unique trip to muggle London; which included getting lost a handful of times, considering Fred had exaggerated his knowledge of the city, and more than a few muggles becoming infatuated with the witch and wizard respectively.

"Do you suppose we're something like Veela to them, Ar'?"

"Stop thinking about muggle girls and start thinking about where we are."

"Freddie!" Ara yelled, snapping Fred back to reality, the boy watched as she ran over to him. 

"What do-" 

Fred forgot what he was going to say when Ara tackled him, he stumbled back a few steps before instinctively wrapping his arms around her. They stayed like that for a while. 

"Today was fun," Ara mumbled into his chest, and then pulled away. 

Fred was at a loss for words as he looked down at the girl walking beside him. She was admiring the pretty lighting in, the now dark, Diagon Alley.

  "Ara," Fred whispered, the blonde looked up at him and smiled softly. 

I think I'm in love with you. 

Fred cleared his throat and looked away.

"-I had fun today, too," 

Ara laughed and nodded.

Fred had an arm thrown over Ara's shoulder while she mumbled things along the lines of— Look at that, Freddie or— That's cute while pointed at random shops. Fred admired the girl next to him quietly. 

I don't think my life has ever been so perfect. 

"Fred," Ara gasped, which forced Fred to snap his head down at her, in a very concerned manner. "-How are we going to Floo back to Hogsmeade without Madam Rosmerta noticing?" 

The boys jaw dropped. 

"Fuck," 

Ara's eyes widen. 

The two Sixth Years stared at each other silently. 

"What if we just— don't go back?" Ara asked, there was a hint of desperation in her voice that Fred couldn't help but notice. 

It's so perfect here. So blissful.

"Ever? That means you don't get to graduate Ar'." Fred teased and the girl groaned while covering her face. 

Fred sighed. 

"We've got the cloak. We'll have to Floo and hope for the best." The Gryffindor murmured while pulling Ara into an alley for the second time that day. 

He took Harry's invisibility clock out of his school bag.

"This was such a bad idea," Ara whined, Fred chuckled and threw the cloak over the two of them. 

"It was worth it," 

Ara said nothing back, but Fred knew she agreed with him. The pair walked towards the public Floo and then threw the silvery powder from Ara's velvet pouch into it. The two Sixth Years fell into the emerald flames of the Floo, and like Fred said, hoped for the best.