18. Deadly Secrets

Third Book

Early-May, 1994
Fifth Year

Saying that Fred was tipsy would've been an understatement.

"Where's Ar'?"

Cedric, who had Cho Chang in his lap, shrugged.

Last he'd seen Ara, she'd been giggling beside Oliver Wood while he whispered something in her ear and ushered her towards a closet. But, Cedric realized it'd be better for everyone if he didn't mention that.

"No clue,"

Fred scrunched his eyebrows together. Cedric always knew where Ara was.

Where could she be?

The party had ended up being much larger than anticipated. Older grades from practically every house were in the Gryffindor common room, getting a long splendidly, mind you. The uncharacteristic civility probably had something to do with the Firewhiskey bottles, supplied by none other than Fred and George, being passed around.

The large, happy, crowd made looking for Ara that much more difficult.

The blonde had been blissfully unaware of the fact that she was being tracked down, that is, until the door to the closet she and Oliver had been hiding in was thrown open.

Oliver's hands, which had been snaked under Ara's shirt, immediately flew up beside the girl's head, partially hiding her from whoever it was that had interrupted.

"What the fuck," Fred was practically shaking with anger.

Ara scrambled to make herself look presentable while Oliver groaned.

"Fred, stop it," Ara mumbled softly as she adjusted her shirt, she refused to look at the boy.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like, mate?" Oliver asked in an awkwardly hushed voice, arms still propped up beside Ara's head, concealing her from the redheads angry gaze.

"I wasn't asking you!" Fred snapped, Oliver sighed softly and shook his head.

The scene was beginning to attract the attention of many.

"Fred, you're embarrassing me," Ara muttered, weaving under Oliver's arm to look at the boy.

She was taken aback by how angry he looked.

"Really? I'm the one embarrassing you?" Fred's voice was laced with venom.

Oliver leaned against the wall of the closet, directly behind Ara, feeling quite awkward.

"Yes, Fred, you are! And I can't possibly see how there's any other way to look at it!" Ara hissed quietly.

"What do you even think you're doing? He's older-"

"Only by two years! Who cares? Last I checked, you weren't my father! You don't get to be upset about what I do,"

"Is that why you're doing this? Getting back at daddy dearest? Older boy, Gryffindor, Quidditch captain! He'd surely have a heart attack! That's probably what you want-"

"Shut up!"

"Fred, I need you to-"

"Be quiet, Oliver!" Fred did not bothering looking his upperclassman.

"Who do you think you are? You've got no right to speak to me like that! You've got no right to be angry!" Ara was fuming.

"I don't, do I? Yeah, just go snog every boy you meet, see if I care! Old Wood here probably wouldn't care either, he's only in it for a-"