12. Summer Visits

Second Book

August 3rd, 1992
Summer of Fourth Year

'Tick'

Ara was sure she was imaging it.

'Tick'

What else could explain it?

'Tick, tick, tick, TICK'

Angrily, the blonde got out of her bed and threw her bedroom window open. The incipient sound of something hitting the glass was driving her mad.

She wasn't sure what she was expecting to see, but a flying car was definitely not it. A flying car with three red-heads inside, no less. Fred was in the seat closest to her window, at the steering wheel.

Not that Ara had noticed, but she'd changed over the summer, gotten prettier, if that was even possible.

Fred had definitely noticed, he felt his mouth dry up upon seeing her standing at the window in a pretty, periwinkle camisole, with that beautiful long blonde hair of hers that the moonlight only seemed to accentuate, and those big blue eyes, which he loved.

"What? You aren't going to say 'hello'?" Fred teased quietly, once he'd managed to find his voice.

"Have you gone mad?" Ara hissed, getting over the shock she'd initially felt.

"Certainly not-"

"What are you doing here? In that?" Ara cut off the boy, he gave her an amused look.

"Yeah, what are we doing here?" A voice asking irritably from the back seat, Ara's eyes darted over to Ron, who looked considerably taller, even while sitting in the car, from the last time she'd seen him.

"Well, Ronniekins here wanted to go save his friend, and we thought it was the perfect opportunity to save ours too!" George explained, sitting beside Fred and smiling widely, Ara blinked rapidly, trying to make sense of what he just said.

"Save me, from what? You idiots,"

"From daddy dearest, of course!"

"C'mon, you're due for an adventure! When's the last time you had some proper fun? Come with us, we're going to check on Harry!"

Ara tried to suppress her giggle, they had gone mad.

"I will be doing no such thing!"

"Why not Ar'? We aren't scared of old Lucius catching us, don't worry!" Fred whispered, Ara smiled and shook her head.

"You should be scared of 'daddy dearest'. He's got quite the habit of using unforgivable curses on intruders," Ara said back, innocently. She smirked upon seeing the twins and Ron give each other scared looks.

"Ara!"

Speak of the devil.

Lucius Malfoy and his wife burst into their daughter's room, in their matching silk pyjamas, worried to say the least.

"Yes?" Ara quickly spun around and tried to block the windows view with her body.

Lucius and Narcissa gave her a curious look.

"Are you okay?" Ara's mother asked.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

That wasn't a lie. Ara was perfectly fine, unlike how the twins would be if her father found them.