5. Narcissa's Intuition

Pre-Books

End of June, 1990
First Year

"You're nervous?"

George's voice made Ara jump. She quickly spun around to face him. The pair stood next to the empty train tracks by their school, waiting for the Hogwarts Express to arrive.

Their First Year was over, and they were to go home for their summer breaks.

In the midst of the student body chaotically preparing to finally go home, Ara had been separated from her fellow Slytherins.

She'd made a few more friends in her house, other than Adrian. And they were a good group, but very different from Fred, George, and Cedric, and usually not nearly as entertaining.

Although the four kept their unlikely friendship private, they often found themselves publicly teasing and poking fun at each other, which no one found to suspicious.

"A little," Ara smiled softly, George and her had built a very healthy, honest relationship with one another.

More so then with his twin counterpart, who only seemed to know how to bicker and tease the blonde.

"They'll be very proud of you, Ara, you've done a lot this year," George mumbled so that she would only be able to hear.

Although Ara wasn't very open about her home life, George had always guessed that it wasn't the most welcoming.

"I'd hope so," Ara chuckled, "-I also hope not much has changed,"

"It's been a while since you were home, I'd be more shocked if change hasn't happened,"

Ara did not necessarily fear change itself. Well, she hadn't until Christmas break. When she came home for those few short weeks, she'd been truly shocked by how much things had changed.

As in things, she meant Draco, for the most part.

It seemed like being alone with their father had turned him into a- much less sweet boy. He'd been constantly striving to make his father proud, in the most despicable ways. And that frightened Ara to no end.

She guessed that with her gone, Lucius had no one to project his constant bitterness onto other than Draco, and the boy had been unprepared for the severity of it. But then again, perhaps he was just acting up for the holiday break? That's what Ara had prayed had happened, blaming her pessimism for the thought of her brother turning into a miniature Lucius Malfoy.

Yuck.

"I'll try to write you, yeah?" Ara offered the redhead, he turned his head over to her and gave her a knowing smile.

"A Malfoy writing a Weasley? Who would've thought!" He teased.

Ara rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, giving George an amused look.

"You know, it's not that insane of a thought,"

"Debatable," George shrugged and upon seeing the Hogwarts Express begin to pull in, outstretched his arms for a hug.

"Take care of yourself this summer, I expect to see you back next year, or I might have to round-up Cedric and Fred to storm Malfoy Manor," George joked, before pulling her in for a tight hug, he then proceeded to whisper into her ear, "-Don't bother writing Ara, I don't want you getting in trouble for it,"

Once the pair pulled away from each other, Ara gave George a sad look.

"I'll still try,"

"Like I said, I won't be expecting anything but your safe return to Hogwarts next year," George shrugged, Ara gave him a thankful smile, "-Besides, Fred might get a little too jealous seeing me get letters, so it's for the best,"