22. Tourneys and Rumours

Fourth Book

September 1st, 1994
Sixth Year

Ara fell into the train compartment that the twins and Lee Jordan were sitting in, rather happily at that.

She'd been looking for them.

The whole wizarding community was still, rightfully, on edge due to what had happened during the World Cup. Ara couldn't stand to sit with the Slytherins in her year, who wouldn't stop talking about it— The Ministry is overreacting! The blokes were just having a bit of fun!

Unbeknownst to most Slytherin house members, Ara strongly believed that the Ministry was underreacting. She'd passively chosen to let her opinion stay secret, slipping away from her colleagues insured that she wouldn't accidently reveal her unpopular beliefs.

Perhaps I am a coward?

"Ar," Fred stood up immediately and hugged the girl tightly, Ara giggled and hugged him back.

"How've you been?" George asked, embracing the girl afterwards.

The trio had nearly forgotten about Lee, who watched them from his seat. He made no move to hug Ara like the twins had.

"Good," The blonde of the four nodded; upon noticing Lee, she gave him a warm smile, to which he complimented her new haircut.

Although Lee and Ara were courteous towards one another, they weren't very close. Which is why the boy found it a bit odd when Ara fell into the seat next to him. Fred and George sat down across from the pair.

The four chattered to each other in quite an animated manner. Lee had always found Ara amusing, especially when she was with the twins, and Ara had always found Lee funny. It was tragic that they were not friends. Or, at least, not close ones.

"So, how's it feel to be out of a job this year?" Ara asked teasingly, looking directly at the boy beside her. Lee snapped his neck towards her; he looked very confused.

"Excuse me?"

Ara laughed her loud laugh and leaned against the window of the train compartment, she crossed her arms and gave him a smirk.

"You were Quidditch announcer? Right?"

Lee gave her a concerned look, before looking over to the twins, they seemed just as confused as him.

"I am Quidditch-"

"Stop!" Ara gasped, looking very amused, Lee gave her a shocked look, "-Don't tell me you don't know?"

"Know what?" All three boys asked.

Ara smiled wickedly and began laughing again.

"Of course you three don't know! Law abiding citizens, your families are," Ara teased, "-No matter, I'll go talk to Ced about it, you know what he and his father are like, Amos has surely told him,"

She proceeded to get up and brush her robes off.

Students technically weren't supposed to know yet.

"You're such a tease," Fred shook his head. He couldn't wipe the amused look off his face as Ara raised a daring eyebrow.

She was not a tease, but as she admired Fred's sharp jaw, amongst other things, she found herself thinking that for him, she definitely could be.

"Whatever are you talking about?" The blonde asked, giving Fred an innocent look.

She'd always been quite good at pretending.