39. Motherly Disapproval

Forth Book

July 1st, 1995
Sixth Year

Ara didn't remember falling asleep, but upon waking up on an old lumpy couch, it'd become apparent that she had.

The blonde didn't bother moving from the position she'd been sleeping in. Her eyes began to scan the room she was in, she was looking for a clock. While doing so, Ara began to notice the endless little trinkets that littered the area, most of which were quite foreign, due to their muggle nature, to the pureblood.

Upon finding a clock, Ara couldn't help but smile at its absurdity. It was very unique, but, useless for the purpose of telling time. Nine golden hands could be found within the glass compartment of the time teller, each hand had the name of a Weasley on it. Instead of numbers to indicate the time of day, the clock was adorned a series of locations.

The golden hand with Bill Weasley's name on it pointed to 'travelling'. While Charlie and Percy Weasley's golden hands pointed to 'work'. Fred, George, Molly and Arthur's hands pointed to 'home'.

So, this is the Burrow.

Ara looked away from the clock, she glanced around the room she was in once more. Fred's childhood home was nearly as chaotic as he; which Ara felt fitting.

The mix-matched furniture created character and the wall that featured only framed children's drawings, some of which were unfortunately not on paper, was incredibly cute. The home felt very inviting, which was something that was quite foreign to Ara. Before looking back at the clock again, the blonde glanced down towards her body. She found herself covered by a homely, but clearly well-loved, quilt. Ara smiled softly before moving to rub the worn-out material between her fingertips.

Warm. And sort of scratchy. Wool, perhaps?

The blonde let out a lone chuckle, which made her aware of her throat ache, a side effect surely caused by all her crying. Ara cleared her throat quietly, and ignored the pain caused by this action, before glancing back at the Weasley clock. She noticed that the golden hands with Ron and Ginny's names were pointed to 'school', but both hands were steadily moving towards the 'in transit' location.

The Hogwarts express is set to leave today.

Ara's good mood, which had been caused by curiosity for Fred's childhood home, disappeared. The blonde was suddenly reminded of everything all over again.

Cedric is dead. I have to go home. Voldemort is back. I have to go home.

Ara screwed her eyes shut tightly and slammed her head back into the couch she was on a few times.

I'll be surrounded by people who support Cedric's murderer all summer. I'll be expected to support him too-

Ara paused her repetitive head-slamming upon hearing voices. She unstrained her eyes and pretended to be asleep.

"-Arthur, this is outrageous!" Molly Weasley's incredibly recognizable voice whispered harshly. Ara heard footsteps approach her.

"She's only a child!" Another voice reasoned, Ara assumed this voice belonged to Arthur Weasley. The two individuals were bickering right next to the couch that the blonde lay on.

"His child!" Molly corrected.

"A child is a child!" Arthur whispered, quite snappily. "It doesn't matter if she comes from the biggest you-know-what in Wizarding England!"

"Arse, Arthur, just say it! Lucius Malfoy is a rich, pureblood, arse; and his daughter is sleeping on our Chesterfield!"

Ara had to hold back a giggle.