35. Offers

Fourth Book

Mid-April, 1995
Sixth Year

"Miss Malfoy, I would you care to explain what happened during Professor Moody's lesson?" Dumbledore asked softly.

Ara, who's uniform, skin, and hair, were stained black with ink, stayed silent. She glared at the trinkets on Albus Dumbledore's desk while sitting across from him and avoiding his stare.

Upon feeling a familiar push-like sensation in her head, the Slytherin's angry gaze quickly moved from the quills on Dumbledore's desk to his face.

"No," Ara hissed, blocking off her mind while continuing to glare at the Headmaster of Hogwarts daringly. After a few moments of silence, Dumbledore sighed and shook his head.

"Mr Weasley?" The old man glanced, nearly hopefully, at Fred. He too was covered in ink, but the liquid was slowly starting to disappear.

"Not much to explain, is there?" Fred shrugged simply, Ara rolled her eyes. Fred glanced at the blonde for a moment and nearly smiled.

"I believe that there is much to explain, and something tells me your heads of House would agree," Dumbledore said simply, he leaned back in the grand chair behind his desk; it looked much more comfortable than the two seats Ara and Fred were sitting in.

"I'd like to go to my dorm to shower. Ink stains, you know," The blonde of the three muttered after a few moments of silence.

"And I'd like to join you," Fred said smugly, "-Care to show me around the Slytherin showers? I've heard their quite something, and I promise I'll make it worth your time,"

Ara chuckled irritably while shaking her head. Fred's innuendos had become constant, and insufferable.

In front of Dumbledore? The nerve.

"Can't imagine how a pervert would make anything worth my time,"

"Pervert?" Fred raised an eyebrow at Ara. He looked overly amused.

"Let's remain-" Dumbledore began upon sensing the hostility in Ara's tone paired with the smugness in Fred's.

"Pervert," Ara nodded bitterly, "-Would you like me to Accio a dictionary? I know how big words confuse you,"

"No need, I'm well aware of the definition, princess, although I wouldn't quite say that I'm the perverted one,"

Ara snapped her head over to Fred and glared.

"Shut up,"

"Why? Don't want old Al knowing-"

"Shut up!" Ara said loudly and firmly.

"Fred, I believe you'd be better off listening to her," Dumbledore muttered under his breath.

Silence followed for the next few moments.

"You should've rounded up Spinnet too, Headmaster," Ara mumbled bitterly, the tension in Dumbledore's office was thick. "I've heard she and Weasley have a history of explor-"

"Don't bring her-" Fred warned lowly, his previous amusement faltered.

"She'll suck you off brilliantly upon hearing that you stuck up for her, I'm sure," Ara said with a mean laugh.

"I'm not sticking up for her! She is just a friend, and you know that!" Fred shook his head angrily, Ara let out a menacing laugh at the notion of Alicia Spinnet being just a friend.