AU DIO : Pet

I had this thought whilst fighting the dragon in Mario Odyssey.

DIO had looked all over the manor for you, confused when you weren't in your shared chambers. Instead, you were reading ancient tomes from his extensive library, left to you by your master, Wang Chan. Entering your space, your aura was menacing, promising a death wish to anyone whom cross. Reception was frigid, his greeting completely wasted on you.
"Still upset over your magical pet?"
"Forcing a rare, mystical creature to battle to the death knowing full well it wouldn't survive is low, even for you."
He smirked, lowering his eyelids and chuckling.
"Oh, you're angry." Taking your chin in his fingers, you allowed him to turn your face for just a moment, showing him unbridled scorn in your eyes before snatching yourself away with a pout. "You're so... Extraordinarily captivating, when you radiate such ire, my Dear."
"Save it for one of your humans." Slapping your cape behind you, the fabric cracked as you took your leave. Your footsteps were rushed and sharp, perfect posture storming from his presence for fear of causing him severe damage. But of course, your lover lazily pursued you through the corridors and hallways of his home, simpering and tormenting you as he went along.
"I did it to send a warning to the Joestars- You wouldn't want me to get killed, now would you?"
"You don't need the Joestars to do that for you, I can do it myself. You need only ask."
Strutting up some stone steps, you reached the bedroom. The man was still following you close behind, coming up with excuse after excuse. Rifling through his bedside drawer, you took four knives and turned round quickly to launch one with absolute precision. It spun in his direction, missing his head by inches where he moved.
"I'm not a dartboard, Darling."
"Darts is a petty human sport, you'd know all about that, wouldn't you?"
Your sentence ended with a shriek, another sharp end grazing his nose.
"You can grow another one of your little creatures. You get rather attached, Love."
Gasping, your moves were slick and fast, the blades in each hand darting so close to his features it was almost scary. Of course, he merely stood there, stand helping with some of the dodging work.

Discarding the knives in a huff, you flung them to the ground before collecting yourself. Removing yourself, you sat up straight on the bed with your hands on your lap.
"You aren't even worth it," you stated plainly. Pausing for a moment, you allowed him to place himself gently beside you, his auburn eyes lapping you up but not in a perverted sort of way; it was more of an endearing tone. "Why didn't you fight back?" Grinning lopsidedly, you heard him hum contently before he spoke.
"I'm not prepared to lose you. I won't lose you. Gravity brought us together twice, do you not think that's how it should be?"
Sighing, you had no retaliation. He knew he was right. Killing your pet wasn't a smart move, but it got your attention.
"Get out of my face. Or you'll have knives stuck in yours."

He left you to sulk, thinking back on the old days when he would run into you on your errands. You were his first love, and DIO had all the undying love he wanted in the world, apart from yours. Occasionally, the vampire contemplated why you had such one-sided distrust for him.

Though he didn't show it, trusted you very much.