Jotaro Kujo : "You've Made Yourself Clear", Part 4

WARNING : DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED FOR PART 5

Again, slightly lazy at the end but this is a long one, I might even post another chapter tonight because I'm enjoying writing this one! As always, thank you for all the lovely comments and requests, they really make my day when I read them!

Sitting on your bed in your towel to let your lotion settle, you noticed a barrage of missed calls on your phone, all from Joseph's house phone. Dialling it back, you were met with the cutest greeting from your girl, all the way in America.
"Hey Babe," you answered to your darling daughter, squealing on the other end of the phone from her grandparent's place in New York. "Sorry I didn't answer sooner, Mom was in the shower. You being good for Grandma Suzi? No trying to feed the dog bugs again, I hope."
"I sure am, Mom!" You smiled, at least happy that someone was happy. "Are you almost finished helping Dad? I miss you!" The mention of her father caused your breath to catch in your throat. You hadn't considered her once since leaving immediately after the argument. She had no idea!
"Dad... Um, yeah. Yeah, I'll be home soon, before you know it." You had to change the topic quickly. "There's a masquerade ball tonight, you know. You'd love the dress they're making me wear. I'll be sure to take a picture for you."
"What colour is it?"
"Well... It's red and it looks like a princess gown. You should draw a picture, you know how much I love your drawings, JoJo." The young girl rattled her pens at the table audibly, shuffling paper with her beloved grandfather's help.
"What's Dad gonna wear? Will he wear a prince's hat if you're the princess?" Her innocence and lack of understanding broke your heart in two. She just noticed her father went away sometimes, there was no resentment towards him or questioning despite her being nine years old. You swallowed, staying quiet for a few moments and attracting Suzi's attention on the other side of the line. "Mom, are you still there?"
"Yes I am Love, sorry. Dad's not... Dad's not going to the ball. He's doing something with your Uncle Koichi—"
"Oh, Mom, Grandma Suzi wants to talk, so I'll see you soon okay?" she chirped, before handing the phone to your grandmother in law. Going into another room, you were granted some privacy though her voice was almost migraine inducing at her age.
"Hello Darling!"
"Hi Grandma Suzi," you mumbled. "Is Jolyne being well behaved?"
"Of course she is, she's an absolute pleasure to look after, you know that. She looks more and more like Jotaro every day," she mused, unintentionally pushing an invisible knife through your chest. "She's beautiful, just like you."
"She certainly tantrums like her father..."
"Is everything alright?"
"Of course it is," you lied. It was no use on the woman, she had an intuition.
"Y/N, men are so selfish my darling, they don't tell us anything and you needn't worry about it because, you're strong and I know that Jotaro will always do the right thing by you." You cringed, waiting for the 'Joestar family' lecture again. Suddenly, she was pulled into another conversation off the phone. "Oh, Jolyne wants to talk to Jotaro," Suzi informed. "Jotaro isn't here... We had a fight," you admitted, biting your lip as you tried to think of an excuse, when she beat you to it.
"Oh, Dad's busy Darling, he said he loves you and he'll talk to you later when he isn't; but you can say goodbye to Mom." Exchanging hands, you were greeted once again by your only child.
"Mom, I'll give my drawing to Grandma Suzi to send to you on the phone, it's your ball tonight!"
"Alright Babe. Listen, I have to go. I love you millions, I'll see you very soon."
"I love you more, Mom. I love Dad too, you'll give him a kiss from me, won't you?"
"A kiss from you? Of course I will, I'll let him know it's from you when... When I see him."

You had to hang up and cut the call short before she pursed her lips, otherwise you were going to bawl down the phone. Suzi's text came in, with an image filling the screen of Jolyne's drawing. It depicted you and Jotaro dancing at a ball, dressed in fantasy outfits. The girl had great attention to detail, similar to her father, to the point where she even drew your rings on your finger: The rings you didn't even have anymore. Chucking it onto the bed, you buried your face into your hands and sobbed loudly. Your choice was beginning to weigh heavily on you now, dampening down your whole body and just waiting to be hidden by your fancy clothes. You decided that once your face was hidden behind that mask, you would be a different person for the night at least, you could sort your other issues out after your work was done.