Ghiaccio: Landslide

I enjoyed writing this, I tried to keep it kinda believable but idk. I think I got his character quite well too, but this is defo gonna have another part, I need his rage man 🤬
I'm super sorry if this looks weird, it's been written today on my phone so I haven't edited it on my computer like I do usually.
Whilst this is my hcs of his past, there could still be some spoilers so read with caution⛔

This song really speaks to me at the moment, since I am reaching a part of my life where I need to venture out and do some stuff myself, which I'm not really coming to terms with. This song describes it perfectly for me and I think it describes Ghia's situation, too. Also, I don't want to romanticise depression, but I want to write about it, music and art were two things that helped me feel through my teenage years. (I was severely depressed, started therapy and meds young) Putting the memories and feelings I had into story or a character is helpful to me, so yeah be ready for some depressing stuff in these next few parts. This weirdly reminds me of when I was trying to find myself around 17/19 yo, drinking in pubs and acting like someone I wasn't, because of how detached and unsure I was of myself. It wasn't due to loss, it was due to change funnily enough. I'm 23 now and recovering well from depression, but on a side note, if any of you readers want to talk, about anything ever, please message ❤️ I'm reluctant to rp anymore tho because I'm too chaotic haha

It's late 1999/early 2000 in this, probably around spring or the end of summer.

"I thought I might find you here." He moved his head slightly, just enough to glance up at you and stretch his lips thinly with raised brow. The waves along his forehead shaped themselves like birds flying south, much like his lilted murmur as calloused fingertips plucked at his beaten-up, wooden twanger. The blue locked guy remained fixated on everything other than you, his silent ruminating clinging to him like icicles to a window pane. "Want a fag?" you attempted, sitting on the wet pavement before him. "I've got some wacky if you want it, but you can have a normal one, too." Rejection didn't faze you anymore. Nor did his shrug, or the clearing of his throat, since you had made friends with this mysterious shy-boy, a frequent act at your workplace. It was only a tiny bar outside of town, but his rumbling anger was easily triggered when not basking under a dim light and that weirdly familiar concoction of booze and fags dulling his sense of smell. Tonight was different. He'd just gotten himself barred for punching a patron, which was lucky, considering the man had to be hospitalised. You had narrowly gotten him out of a police sentence by insinuating his self defence and bottling your boss to get him away from the blue-haired lad.

You had only known him for around three months or so, but something was up with him, and you knew that the crisp, clear air was perfect for him tonight. Just the kind to empty the head of somebody like Ghiaccio. Putting the dark nugs back into your apron, you decided a plain smoke was enough after that shift. "Okay, that's cool too." You caught his black eyes observing as you covered the end of your smoke to light it, a glow filling the crevices of your face with a sheer blanket of orange. After a drag, the young guy finally spoke.
"Your boss is a jerk." His fingers stopped tapping, moving to place the instrument against the ruined brick wall he was perched on. Relaxing a little, he sighed and leaned on his hands, legs apart, choosing to look at you as he awaited your reply.
"I know... But that isn't why you're depressed, is it?"
"I lost my Granny this weekend." Your heart sunk, as did your features. The poor boy had been raised by his grandmother, and from what he had told you, he doted on her. It must have been a massive shock to his system.
"Oh my god. I am so sorry. That's rough." His brows arched, teeth gritting as he swallowed resentment.
"Guess I just lost my cool tonight." Scoffing, you waved your hand limply to reassure him.
"Pfft. Don't worry about that. The guy you punched shouldn't have fallen back and hit his head." Pausing for a moment, the corners of your mouth flickered up unto a brief smile.
"I just realised... I've known you all this time, and I don't know your name."
"It's Y/N." Nodding, it was set in his mind forever. Ghiaccio was good at remembering minor details.
"Well, Y/N, I'm sorry you got fired."
"Don't be sorry about that. Tell me why you're so angry." Stopping for a second, you picked up his guitar and handed it to him. "But, let's do it over a milkshake." He was silent, even when the rain started to pour.
"I suppose... I'm not exactly busy now."