Chapter Twenty Three

Olivia

It's Friday night and I'm snuggled into my bed beside Zoey, watching Netflix. Ronnie is out cold on her bed opposite us.

We've been in bed for a few hours. So long that both of my legs are numb and my back kinda hurts from being pushed up against the wall because Zoey's sprawled out beside me. Hogging the bed.

"So, my dad called me yesterday." Zoey says all of a sudden. This is the first real time we've spent together in a few weeks and I've missed it. We spent the whole day together aside from our classes and without interruption from anyone too. It's been good.

"That's never good," I laugh.

"No, no. This one was good, goodish I guess." She shrugs.

"Well?"

"Remember when we were younger and my dad use to drag me to all those Gala banquet things for his business associations?" She says, fiddling with a piece of her blonde hair.

"Yeah..." I say cautiously.

"Well there's one tomorrow night. I've known about it for a while but I wasn't going to go. It's some woman's charity family gala and my dads going but he wants me to attend with him and I might've done something..."

I sit up straighter. "What did you do?"

"I might've told him I would go only if you were invited." She quickly ducks under my blanket like she's scared I'm gonna hit her or something. I smile at her in amusement but it's still a possibility.

Galas are so not my scene. They are for all the rich people and I'm not rich. "Why would you do that?" I groan. Come on, the last thing I wanna do is be around snobby rich kids and their uptight parents.

"Liv, I couldn't go alone. It's boring as fuck and I like doing stuff with you by my side. Plus, free food." She gives me a smirk and a pointed look.

My eyes widen. "Free food you say? Hmm..." I pretend to think about it for a second but we both know I'm always in when it comes to free food. "Let's do it but I'm wearing one of your dresses."

"Yes! And no you're not because Daddy said he'd buy us new ones!" She laughs. Her dad loves to make his daughter happy. He gives her anything and everything. It's been like that since we were children. "We are going shopping early tomorrow, so I'm going to sleep here tonight." I shrug and settle into the bed more. Buy the end of the movie, zoey is laying next to me, deep in sleep.

I shut the laptop so the room is pitch black. I check my phone again but just like the last 3 days, I have no messages from a specific someone. I can't believe that dick hasn't spoken to me in three days. Three fucking days.

I could've messaged him myself but my pride has been getting in the way. He can message me. I don't want to be the pathetic girl that clings to the one guy that has ever given her attention.

It's not like I haven't seen him either. I've walked past him when he's been with his friends. Not once but twice. He just kept walking and ignored me. Then when I did a shift last night, he was there with Shawn and Luke.

I don't know what his problem is but for now I will do just the thing he's been doing to me. I will Ignore him.

***

Zoey and I walk into one of the most lavish Boutiques that I've ever seen.

"Wow," I whisper. "Um, I think this place is too—" she cuts me off.

"Don't. We are shopping here, end of discussion. Come, lets find our dresses!" Zoey latches onto my hand and drags me through the door, going straight for the back where the gowns seem to be.