Chapter Thirty Seven

OLIVIA

"Got everything packed, Pumpkin?" My dad asks over the phone while I stuff the last of my bags with all my dirty clothes. I haven't had time to wash them so I will just have to use my dad's machines when I get home. Even though he's a man, he takes his washing seriously. With all the finest washing detergents and beads that smell like wildflowers and honey that remind me of home. He has much better machines than the dinky ones that eat up all my quarters in the basement of my dorm building. It's a win win for me.

"Yes, almost done. My flight leaves at five pm tonight so I should be at Austin B airport around 8pm tonight, maybe later depending on how busy the airport will be." I say, trying to balance the phone between my shoulder and my ear.

"Good, sweetheart. I'll be there to pick you up. Just send me a message."

"Great, can't wait to be home finally. The end of semester exams were exhausting." I say tirelessly, sitting on the edge of my bed looking around at my almost bare closet and a shoe rack right in front of me. My room isn't empty though, we still have all our things in it because we stay in this dorm for another semester before we move to another one next year but I'm still going to take some of my books with me. I didn't really need them at college but they are a package deal with me, so wherever I go, they go too. I love all my physical books, they are like my trophies. I mess the crisp folds of the bedding when I slump down on my back, closing my eyes rather than staring up at my popcorn ceiling that at times chips away and falls onto me when I sleep. This dorm building is shit.

"Oh I bet, Come home and spend some time with me. I've missed you, my baby girl. Blu has been crying for you for weeks now. He misses you the most." aww my blu. I cant wait to see my little guy.

"God, Bluey." I frown. "I hope he hasn't been too sad without me. He has you."

"Yeah he does have me but you know how attached he is to you. He will be very excited when he finally sees you walk through the front door." There are sirens and men talking in the background over a radio so I'm guessing he's busy on patrol right now.

"Not long now." I can't wait to finally be home and give him a hug. This is the longest we have ever been apart from one another. It's been hard. The minute I get off the plane and onto Austin-Bergstrom international airport I'll feel free for the next month and take him for walks if it's not too cold out. If not, I'll have to settle for snuggles around the fire with dad's famous chicken soup.

There's a knock on my dorm room door and I know it's not Ronnie or anyone here for her considering she's already left to go home yesterday. "Listen dad, I've got someone knocking at my door, but I'll see you in a few hours." We said our goodbyes and I hung up.

I stand and run my hands down my jeans to fix them and stride toward the door. I haven't said goodbye to Elena yet so maybe it's her.

I open the door, fully expecting the raven haired beauty to come into vision, "Hey, i was just going to come up and see you--" It's not Elena at the door but her male twin.

"Here," Daniel thrusts out his hand and an envelope hits my chest lightly, "For you."

I grab a hold of it and give him a confused look. "What is it?"

"I hope you haven't forgotten that you're coming with us to the Bahamas. It's your ticket and room information. You're going." He goes to turn around and leave but I grab onto the collar of his shirt and pull him into my room, closing the door behind us.

"Daniel," I say, warning infused in my tone. I hate taking handouts. I'm a proud and stubborn person which may not be the best of traits to have but I can't help it.