Chapter Forty One

DANIEL

She sleeps in my arms peacefully and I can't stop staring down at her. She lays on her back and I propped myself up on my arm to simply watch her. Creepy, I know, but shes just so beautiful, It's hard to take my eyes off of her. Especially now when she looks so soft and relaxed in her sleep.

I run my hands up and down her stomach and arms, basically all over her body. I massage her shoulders and neck lighty and she makes a little noise and moves slightly in her sleep to get more comfortable. She ends up squished up against me now, snuggling deeper for my body warmth.

If you had of told me I would be this fucking whipped over a freshmen at the start of the academic year, I would've told you to fuck off and to stop talking shit. But I'll be damned, I'm more than whipped for this girl in my arms.

No way would I let anyone touch her. Ever.

Especially not those men that are constantly all over her. Matt is becoming a real fucking problem and that dude from the other night? Who the fuck did he think he was? Getting all up on my girl. Fucking twat. I knew I shouldn't have gotten angry at her for it and I immediately regretted it when I did but its too late now. It's just so hard to see other guys with their hands on her.

I squeeze her closer to me to make myself feel better. She's mine. Always will be. I don't care what happens in the future, I will try my hardest to make her stay with me if thats what she wants. Because I know thats what I want.

My phone on the nightstand buzzes but I let it go to voicemail. Who the fuck would be calling me this early? It's not even five in the morning. Since Clarke got back to the room, we've probably only been sleeping for 2 hours now, we need to get more sleep.

I go to lay back down and cuddle into her when my phone goes off again, the blaring noise of it is enough to get me off the bed and answer the damn thing. It could be an emergency if someone is trying to contact me this early.

The screen says "DAD" in capital letters and I groan. For fuck sake, couldn't the old man leave me be for a night? For a goddman holiday? No, that's too much to ask for apparently.

"What?" I answer abruptly and his voice rings into my ear.

"Fucking Davis, the bastard." he yells into the phone.

"Huh? what are you talking about, dad? its not even five in the morning where I am." I say, rubbing my eye to try to wake up fully. I swear the old man is going mental as he ages.

"Oh, I'm sorry son, did you not get enough beauty sleep? We are in crisis mode over here at your future fucking company, but no no, if sleep is more important than by all means, hang up." I try to stiffle my laugh because leave it to dad to be sarcastic and dramatic when he is having a break down. Definitely where I got it from.

"Slow down and tell me what is happening," I say calmly. I look towards Clarke and she moves around in her sleep, probably because I'm disturbing her with my talking. I place a small kiss to her brow and head towards the balcony, closing the doors behind me so I don't wake her up.

"Whats happening is your fucking engagement to Savannah Davis is done. Fucking over." he yells and for a second, I think i've misheard him. My breath stutters and I feel a sense of happiness loom over my body. It doesn't last long though.

"What, why?" I ask cautiously, defences high. This isn't right.

There are voices in the background talking to him and I check the time on my watch. The sun is starting to rise but it's still dark out. Maybe I could wake up Clarke with kisses that I know she loves and take her for a early morning swim.