Chapter Five

OLIVIA

Ronnie ended up coming back not too long after Zoey showed up. They took a quick liking to each other straight away which I wasn't surprised about. They are practically the same person.

We decide to head out to in search to find a place to eat.

"Oh my god, I know the perfect place." Ronnie blurts out with clear excitement on her face.

"Where?" both Zoey and I say in unison.

"Okay, so there's this like little bar-dinner-hangout place that is like mostly reserved for college students. It's really cool, there's like pool tables and lounges and booths to sit in and," Ronnie drags out the 'and' with a mischievous look on her face. "They don't card."

"Hell, yes girl, that's my type of hangout." Zoey pulls each of her arms over mine and Ronnie's shoulders.

"Also, the place is always swarming with jocks." Ronnie lets out way to fast. Almost like she didn't want me to hear her. She grins at me again as I roll my eyes at her. "Oh, come on, Liv. It's not going to be bad and I don't think the guys are there right now. Well if they are we will be in and out within a second, please?"

It's around eight at night now and the town is buzzing with life and light. This is good for me, I have to remind myself. I can't be this introverted, antisocial loser for the rest of my life. I have to get out there more. No, I will get out there more. A promise to myself.

I release a heavy sigh before nodding my head to agree.

"Wait, I'm confused. Why don't you want to see the football team?" Zoey pipes up. Is it bad if I say I forgot to tell her about the football team, flying ball and the whole Daniel ordeal?

Ronnie bursts out laughing and continues to fill Zoey in on what happened. I see something flash in her eyes that I can't decipher but she immediately covers it with a smile.

She nudges my arm, "You got the football team fancying you already, huh?" Her smile is forced. I can always tell with Zoey. We have been best friends since we were little.

"It's not like that, Zoey. It was an innocent heroic moment for the dude. Nothing else. He does not fancy me nor does any of those other guys on the team." I didn't end up telling either of them about the bathroom incident either. It was a small bump-into-each-other moment. Nothing more, nothing less. So telling them both would be stupid because they would just get riled up.

"Uh, I don't know, Liv. I've noticed a few stares coming your way. The guys at this campus have definitely taken a liking to you. I mean you're gorgeous so I'm not surprised."

"Wait, really?" Zoey's voice comes out shocked earning a weird look from Ronnie.

"Yeah, is that hard to believe or something?" Ronnie crinkles her nose like it's the stupidest thing she's ever heard.

"Oh no, it's just this is the first time I've really heard about guys actually associating with, Olivia. She's been so closed off to the idea of men since I've known her." Zoey speaks matter-of-factly.

"Oh, well best believe it now. She's raking up the guys now. Aren't you, Livy?"

"Uhm, no" I roll my eyes and look straight ahead. "Are we nearly there?"

"Yes. See that place with the red neon that says Godfathers? Well that's the place. Get your credit cards ready girls we are about to go wild" Zoey and I laugh at her enthusiasm as we enter the bar.

It's dark, filled with booths and randomly scattered tables to the left of the joint. The bar is placed against the back wall and there's another long table that serves food to the right of the bar. We enter and walk towards the drink bar. Ronnie orders our drinks after my insisting to not being thirsty but she claims it's more about getting loose than drinking for life necessity. Zoey agree and obviously two against one means that I lose.