Chapter Twenty

*Mature Scenes*

OLIVIA

My neck is covered in bruises. Hickies to be specific.

I can't walk out of my dorm looking like this. Everyone will see and I don't want that type of attention. I have no idea how I am going to cover them. I only have a little bit of concealer but that's it.

I try to cover them to the best of my ability but it's no use. They are too prominent. Fuck I should kill him. I really should.

Well I can't at the moment considering I think he's in class right now so maybe a text message would do.

Olivia: I'm going to kill you when you get out of your business class

He messages back straight away which is kind of surprising.

Daniel: Okay, what time were you thinking?

I laugh at his response. Clearly, he's undeterred by my threat.

Last night he took my book with him on his way out along with his hat. He said because he had it, we had yet another reason to see each other again.

I think he was being playful but I found myself upset over if he meant the only proper reason he would need to see me again is if he took something of mine and not because of what we did last night. Am I that ignorant to think he'll want to see me again for that reason alone? Or am I merely just configuring over analysed thoughts of the situation?

Yes, that's what I'm doing. I'm overthinking it, like I do everything. He wants to see me because he likes me. If last night was to show anything, it was definitely his affection for me. So, I need to stop with this insecurity of mine. I've never been this way before. But yet I've never had a guy fawn over me and I will admit that.

Olivia: Tonight? My dorm again?

Daniel: I was thinking maybe the football house? We need to grade more papers for Morrell anyways and there's more room in my house. Then when we finish we have the whole third floor to ourselves.

Dammit. Are the guys going to be there? I'm not really in the mood to see them right now. And what about Savannah? I know Daniel and I are new and all but what is his deal with Savannah? Is he still sleeping with her?

No, I haven't got a right to ask him. We aren't even sleeping together. I will not come across as the clingy virgin that he hasn't made any promises too.

Yet still, I think I should skip it. Maybe go for a run and collect the papers to grade for Morrell and do it at the library or something.

Daniel: ???

Olivia: Actually, never mind. I can't tonight.

I chuck my phone on the bed and race out the door. Heading to my sociology class.

***

I'm walking out of my class and onto the quad, hands filled with numerous assignments and my stack of papers from Morrells office that his secretary.

It's very chilly today which works well for me considering I'm wearing a turtle neck to help conceal the hickies all over my neck.

I fumble with my papers as I stride down the path between class buildings. People all around me. One girl is running towards me and slightly nudges me, making me lose my balance slightly. I straighten myself before I fall and thank the heavens that I didn't make a fool out of myself in front of all these people.

Though that's short lived because as I make my way through the centre of the quad, I don't see the rock in front of me and trip. I manage to catch myself again but my papers all scatter in front of me. I groan and kneel down to gather them up.