Chapter Seventeen

OLIVIA

The voices grow and laughter echoes into the house. More voices. Not just Savannahs. I stumble back into Daniel and he freezes.

"I thought everyone was asleep tonight?" I whisper. If they hear us and come up, I know they will get the wrong idea seeing as I'm dressed in his clothes.

"I thought so too. I haven't really spoken to the guys since I left the bar early tonight." He goes to open the door wider and walk down the stairs but I grab his forearm and drag him back like he did me. "What?"

"They can't know I'm here, Daniel." I'm still whispering and he looks at me like I'm stupid.

"Why are you whispering." His voice is booming and I cringe. He's speaking loud enough for them to hear but I doubt they do considering they are really loud down there.

"Fuck sake, Daniel, speak a little louder and completely defeat the purpose of my whispering why don't you?" I hiss. He just laughs at me.

I glare his way and he whispers back finally. "Fine, I'll go down and see Savannah. She's going to come up here if I don't."

"Okay..." I say.

"Go lay down. I meant what I said earlier. I want you here so you can feel safe." I nod my head and turn to the bed. I climb in and stare back at him like a child. I laugh at the stupidity of this but he just stares at me like I'm so interesting to stare at.

"I'll be back later, get some sleep." He flicks the lights off and closes the door behind him.

The room engulfs into darkness and surprisingly, for once in my life, sleep comes naturally.

DANIEL

Fuck me dead. FUCK. Tonight has not gone the way I expected it to in anyway. First, I had to leave the bar early to meet up with Savannah for sex which didn't even turn into sex because she was having a sulk over Elena hanging up on her the night before. I had to tell her Elena was in the car. Savannah wasn't surprised because I always pick up Elena from work. And to be completely honest I'm not over the fact that I caught her making out with a dude in my fucking room last night. Ending up in a brawl and the boys had to shut down the party it was that bad. The disrespect of it all was what made me mad not necessarily the fact that Savannah was with another dude.

The fight between Savannah and I wasn't just about that though. No, it was about our fathers and what they expect of us. I didn't want what they all wanted. They wanted me to do something I never even thought of doing for the sake of our family businesses. I left Savannah. I needed to think.

Tonight, I went to the bar to pick Elena up after that long gruelling conversation with Savannah to find that she had her roommate's car already and that's when I heard piercing screams. Then when I went to investigate, I saw her. Smashed against the brick wall of an alley way with a creep touching her body like he had every right to. I saw red. RED. I become murderous. If she didn't scream at me to stop then I don't know what I could've done. No, I do. I would've killed him.

I only stopped because she stopped me. Her voice did it.

Then when I went back after putting her weak body into my car, I come back to find Matt searching the empty alley way. Yelling about how the pieces of shit had run off when he opened the door. I was livid. But there was nothing I could do but go back to Olivia to make sure she was okay. I couldn't tell her they ran. I didn't want her scared. Sleeping with one eye open for the rest of her college career. I couldn't have that, so I didn't tell her. I won't tell her and neither will Matt. He can make up a story or something about how they were arrested and she wasn't needed in the process for it or something. She doesn't need to know.