Chapter Fourteen

OLIVIA

Godfathers is packed. It's a goddamn full house.

I've had to get drinks for drunk people over and over for the last three hours. It's nearing midnight and the party is still going strong and considering it's a Friday, my guess is that it won't stop until we close at one in the morning.

Matt has been a big help though, he's a great manager. Every half hour he comes over and has a chat with me to make sure that I'm doing okay. Waitressing is hard though sometimes we have to interrupt large groups from their conversations to give them drinks or take their order and it can be nerve-wracking.

It's loud and people can get touchy at times. I've had around six different men touch my ass. Some in subtle ways, some full-on hand grabbing out in the open. But thank god Matt has been around and put a stop to it before it got out of hand.

I haven't seen much of Elena because she's been the waitress for the football area. She seems to know them quite well, giving Luke, Shawn and Bradman hugs and even giving Daniel a kiss on the cheek.

My jaw hit the floor when I saw that. Maybe they have a thing? I don't know, I thought maybe she and Matt were a couple or maybe she's just friendly with everyone? If she did have a thing with him or the others than I would be shocked. She doesn't look like the type to be a casual. And that's exactly what she would be if she had anything to do with that damn football team.

Ronnie and Zoey showed up earlier but they didn't stay long. Apparently, Zoey wasn't feeling well but of course she had to say a quick hello to the football team before she left.

Zoey grabbed Ronnie and dragged her right into the football section like she owned it. They left within ten minutes and I was glad they didn't stay too long. This place was rowdy and I don't think I could have done my job properly without making sure they were okay every two seconds.

"Hey, how are you going?" Elena strides up next to me behind the bar with a grin on her face. "You were definitely thrown into the deep end having tonight as your first shift."

"It's been good. Yes, it's been crazy but I like it." I have to yell over the rock music playing but she nods her head, confirming she heard me.

"That's good to hear. I'm so glad you like it." Her gaze is on my cheek though. "Your graze looks a little better, not as red but still a little scabby," she laughs.

"Oh god I completely forgot about it." I automatically go to touch it but she tells me not to without cleaning my hands first.

"Well at least you're not in pain from it, what happened again?" I don't know whether I should tell her or not but she looks like she can be trustworthy.

"I was tripped by someone on the bleachers before I came to work," I say, purposefully not adding the part where it was savannah that did it. For all I know they could be friends and I don't want to start anything.

"God, if they did it on purpose, they are absolute assholes. At least you're okay now, though." She pats my back in comfort.

"Yeah, I know, I'm not bothered." My curiosity peaks though and I can't hold it in for much longer. "I was just wondering, I saw you at the football section like an hour ago, are you dating one of the boys?" She just laughs and goes to open her mouth to respond but Matt sidles up in between us.

"Hey, girls. The football team wants more drinks so I'm gonna send you both over there to save Elena doing multiple runs, okay?" No, no, no, not okay.

I glance over to the corner of the room. Savannah is over there. She was sucking Daniels neck like a leech. I don't want to go over to them.

Elena must see the look in my eyes because she's quick to assure me that everything is okay. Matt hands us two trays each and fills them with the orders. I have trouble balancing them but Elena shows me a cool trick to keep them from falling.