Chapter Thirty Three

OLIVIA

"Whats that game?" someone asks from somewhere behind us at the fire.

"Oh, my god. You don't know what two truth and a lie is? What have you been living under a rock?" Zoey scoffs but then proceeds to explain the concept to others. After that, Zoey goes first and then gets some other people follow suit after. I dont really listen to what Zoey is saying much. The only person i really pay attention to is a half drunk Daniel, whose eyes are far too glazed over for my liking.

It's getting pretty chilly out tonight and the fire in the centre of our group isn't really doing much to warm all of us. We should head back soon.

"This shit is a kids game," Daniel suddenly grumbles over the fire, taking a swig of yet another beer. Fuck me. I just know the rest of the night is going to consist of me keeping one eye on him. Thankfully, I haven't had many drinks, so if i absolutely have to, i'll drive him and whomever else home tonight. I'll just have to make sure to take his keys before he tries to do something stupid like drive home himself. I don't care what I've told him about staying away from me. I'll always make sure he is safe. Just for tonight I'll put all my residual anger I still have for him, even if it's slowly starting to simmer, on the back burner tonight. As long as he is in bed alone tonight, safe and sound.

"Oh, come on, East. It'll be fun, man," one of the football guys leans over and smacks Daniel on the back in encouragement. "I don't think I've played this game in years." The same guy that just spoke takes a turn and then for the next fifteen minutes others have a turn playing the game too. Not me though, I'm too tired for this shit right now.

Zoey laughs at the dirty innuendo the last person added into their turn. "Damn y'all are dirty. Olivia and I use to play it when we were little as innocent babies. You guys need Jesus I swear," she giggles but then focuses back on Daniel again. "It brings back old memories, come on, Daniel, just give it a try," she tries to coax him but he just rolls his eyes back at her, not biting. "Fine. I'll go again. Hmm," she faux thinks, tapping a finger to her chin.

"Fuck, I'm tired." Bradman whispers into my ear and lays his head on my shoulder.

"You've had too much to drink, buddy." I say, patting his back.

He grunts in response but otherwise slowly dozes off again at an odd angle, brushed against my side. Bradman isnt the tallest man I've ever seen, he's probably only a good 4 inches taller than me give or take, definitely under six foot. So it isn't like he's bending down too far to reach my shoulder.

"Sleep it off, dude. Sleep it off." I say, continuing to rub his back.

Looks like i'll not only be watching Daniel tonight but Bradman too. And Luke after what happened early. Jesus, I feel like a goddamn neurotic mother hen right now.

Zoeys voice breaks me out of my stupor. "My body count is twenty-three in total. I was fat when I was little and I have a small tattoo above my vagina." she giggles, clearly piss drunk.

"Oh, I can account for the last one being a truth. Cute little butterfly." Eric yells from his spot beside Daniel. The crowd surrounding the fire erupt into cheers of mostly men and Zoey laughs. Literally laughs like its funny being sexually objectified in front of a good twenty to thirty people now surrounding us. I literally want to do anything else right now.

"Shush you," she replies back, with a fake scowl on her lips.

"Well I know you have slept with more people than twenty-three so I'm saying that is a lie," Brooke chimes in over my shoulder and I flinch back slightly bumping into Bradman and he grumbles. Jesus christ when did she get there?