Chapter Thirty

OLIVIA

"Are you going to speak to me anytime soon?" Daniel says as he shuts off the car. We sit at the top of a huge look out. Overlooking northern Cali. The city lights are sparkling and bright but the nights stars shine even brighter. The moon full. Despite what has happened to me in the past - being attacked at the brink of night - I still love the night sky. The stars and moon have always made me feel so relaxed.

"No," I say defiantly, crossing my arms over my chest and facing my knees towards the passenger door, away from him. He sighs but I don't relent to him. I always give in when it comes to him. Never again.

"Come on, Clarke. Talk to me." He sounds desperate and my angry heart softens a bit for him. Dammit. What did I just say about giving in?

I stone my feelings for him to stone. I need to be tough through this. He's been lying to me and I deserve the truth, the full truth of whatever is going on with him.

Reluctantly I turn to him. "Why?" My voice stays strong. I'm breaking on the inside but I won't let him see it.

"Why what? You're gonna have to be specific when you speak with me, Olivia." He doesn't snap but his tone is firm. And he rarely ever calls me Olivia. Only at times when it's serious. Good. He knows not to fuck around with me right now. I'm still furious with him.

"Why didn't you tell me that Savannah was your actual girlfriend?" My throat clogs but I swallow the emotions down.

We stare at each other for a few seconds. Not saying a word. His face is once again emotionless. I can never read him but I know he's thinking of how to reply to me. Of the best way he can respond that won't fire me up or he might try to turn this back onto me. I've never really admitted this before but Daniel is toxic. Not all the time but when his temper rises, he tends to lash out. To be a dick. I wonder if he will do that tonight.

Finally, he breaks the silence. "I didn't realise you didn't know." He says casually, leaning his arm out of the window and relaxing in his chair.

"What do you mean? You actually thought I would be okay with fooling around with someone's boyfriend? Do you really think that low of me?" My eyes bug out wide and my shoulders tense at his response. I'm hurt and hysterical even more now. But I can't help it when it comes to him. He makes me this goddamn way.

Right now, he does nothing but sit there and it makes me fume even more at his casual demeanour.

He sighs, "No, Clarke I don't think low of you. If anything, you are probably the only one besides the boys that I think highly of. The most I think highly of," he corrects. "I... fucking hell, I don't know. Okay? I really don't know why I didn't clarify it with you." He scrubs his hands down his tired face and through his hair, making it stick up. I stop myself from reaching over and fixing it for him. I cannot forget why I'm angry with him in the first place. Priorities.

"Yes, you do," I call him out. "You had a reason for not telling me, didn't you? You had to, you can't just be with someone whose not your girlfriend and expect that they would be okay with being your side woman. I will be no ones secret whore." I declare.

"Jesus Christ," he mutters. "You're not my secret whore." He flings his arms out in exasperation. "How the hell could you even be my whore? I haven't even fucked you yet. You're so dramatic and for what?" He says, irritated with me.