Chapter Three

OLIVIA

I pulled back from the tight embrace that Ronnie engulfed me in and step back. Her long raven hair is what stands out the most when looking at her. It's gorgeous, any woman would be jealous of her. Her white teeth shine incredibly bright and her petite button nose completes her gorgeous face.

"I know I'm a little late to set up for the dorms. Sorry if I scared you when you came in." She turns around and starts fiddling with the comforter on the bed making it nice and smooth then starts unpacking her last few boxes.

"Oh, it's okay. You didn't scare me." I reached over to my right to open my walk-in wardrobe. Getting my clothes to change into.

"I was originally going to come later today but my mother thought that I should get here early to have time to set up and meet you. Maybe we could go look around and get a feel of the place." I hear her call to me from the room.

I pace out in clean clothes and see her mouth pulled into an excited smile, being so contagious that it makes me grin too.

"Oh, I've just came back from a run and it's safe to say that this place is huge. There's a lot of things to do around here." I walked over to fix my bed that I didn't make when I left for the run. I feel her shift her gaze towards my side of the room. Examining it.

We sort of have the same type of style, if all white and some beige undertones are a style. Her eyes land on my huge collection of books.

"Wow, quite the reader, are we?" She teases.

"I guess you can call me a bookworm, yeah. Are you a freshman?" I change the subject because I really need to get to know her if she is going to be my roommate for a while.

"Yeah, I am. You?" I nod. "Thank heavens that I have a roommate that's a freshman like me. We can experience all the new things together!"

She's definitely friendly and confident. I've never been the confident, self-assured type to be able to be so comfortable around someone I've known for such a sort amount of time but I guess this type of change is good when I'm heading into my first year of college. Where I will meet hundreds of new people. She could bring out my inner social butterfly that I've tried hard to keep down.

"Of course." I reply.

We spent the rest of the day getting to know each other better. She is one fun person I can tell you that for sure.

We ordered pizza and watched movies as we got to know each other better until she fell asleep at midnight. I decided that it was probably a good time to go take a shower now rather than wait for one o'clock.

I quietly got up from the small lounge Ronnie and I were sitting on that's between our bedside tables and made my way to grab all that I needed for the showers.

I opened the door and was relieved to see that no one was in sight. I thought the halls would be swamped with drunk college students but no one was around.

I quickly make my way towards the showers with my bag and phone in hand.

I messaged Zoey earlier instead of actually going to see her. I wanted to spend some time with Ronnie and Zoey wanted to do the same with her new roommate. She said that she was all settled in and that she'd see me tomorrow.

Oh, she would love Ronnie. The three of us could be good friends.

I head into the first room of the bathroom where the sinks are. I put my stuff down on the sink and look at my reflection.

I release the knot of hair that's on top of my head and let the brown curls fall to my waist. I examine my face. I'm not the confident type. I'm a little chubby, giving me curves that I sometimes hate. I feel like my bottom is too big or my skin is to pale. Even my bust is too big for my frame. It annoys me but there really isn't much I can do about it.