Chapter Twenty Six

OLIVIA

She's staring daggers at me.

I can feel it from across the table.

I've been trying to ignore it since dinner has been served but she's making it very fucking hard. I'm glad most of the people at this table are busy with their conversations not to realise.

I don't even know what her problem is? She's had it out for me since the start of the semester and I've had enough. I've never even done anything to warrant her hatred.

I meet her eye to eye across the table and she narrows her even more.

I shake my head and turn my attention to my right.

I do my best to keep my eyes on Zoey while she rattles on about her society class but I can't really hear her over everyone else's conversations. I just smile and nod.

I haven't even touched my food. On top of being burned with the furious gaze of Savannah, I'm all too aware of the big broad quarterback to my left.

He keeps sneaking looks at me as if I wouldn't notice. Trying to be all inconspicuous but if this man is anything, it's definitely not subtle.

When Zoey turns her attention to her phone for a second, I lean a little toward Daniel and cover my mouth with my champagne glass so no one notices me addressing him. "Stop staring at me. People are going to notice."

He doesn't even whisper, clearly not giving a fuck. "I'll look at you if I want, Clarke. You can't stop me." Luckily everyone at the table are too engrossed in their conversations to pay any mind to us.

"You should look at Savannah, you know the girl who you kissed before?"

He shakes his head but flashes me his white teeth in an amused smile. "You're still angry about that? It wasn't a mutual kiss. She surprised me with one but I didn't kiss her back as you saw."

I continue to whisper. "Whatever, just stop. You're making me uncomfortable," I grumble. I'm not actually angry about Savannah kissing him. I know what she's like but I wanted him to sweat a little. If he even cares that is. He probably doesn't care about how I don't want to see him with other girls. I just don't share that's how it always will be with me.

This time he moves closer to me and whispers just as low as I am. "You weren't uncomfortable when I had my tongue between your legs earlier tonight." His eyes darken and the side of his lips tilt up in an arrogant smirk.

I can feel my own cheeks heating at his crude words. I turn, giving him my shoulder so I don't have to look at him anymore. I swear this man knows how to get under my skin.

I hear him chuckle and thank the lord, turn to his brother to talk to him instead.

I try to pay attention to the story Zoey has resumed talking about. "...and then I was like, 'can you get out of my seat? And the bitch was like, 'we don't have specific seats in this class' god I wanted to punch her..." Zoey is still typing away on her phone as she tells me this. She's always been good at multitasking.

I try my hardest to listen to her but when I feel a hand go to my knee, I freeze mid sip of my drink.

Everything and everyone is irrelevant to me right now because Daniel, even with his attention now on his father and Mr Davis, has his hand on my leg, and is slowly inching his way through my dresses leg slit.