28 Free Space Kidgemas 2020

Harry Potter AU -Enjoy!! I really liked this one-hope you do too!!!!

Silence. That's all Keith heard for the last few days. He knew he should have swallowed his pride and gone home with the Holts or even Shiro but he didn't want to be a bother. They each had a family. He knew they needed time with them and he didn't want to impose. So, he was just here-at Hogwarts. Basically alone, with his fellow classmates who didn't have anywhere else to go, he spent Christmas wandering the halls feeling sorry for himself.

He knows if it was Pidge she would be busy at the library, studying and getting ahead. Absorbing knowledge. Then there was Hunk who would no doubt have snuck his way into the kitchens with the house elves, regardless of whether they thought he should be there or not! Lance would be trying to sneak into other houses trying to cause havoc and he would guess Matt and Shiro (cuz really when did you find one and not the other?) would have been practicing Quidditch or something. Allura, well, he really wasn't sure what she'd be doing but he bet she wouldn't be feeling mopey like him.

Professor McGonagall tried to give him some advice but honestly, what does she know about being alone. He's always been alone, with no mom, but it especially hit him hard after his dad died. Who wanted a moody pre teen? No one was the short answer. But, honestly, who could blame them?

Instead, he was passing the time by training. His goal was to try to use his defensive and offensive spells concurrently when the Room of Requirement suddenly started changing. He paused, taking a defensive stance when he noticed holiday lights in red and green appearing and garland was strategically being placed around the room. He looked around trying to figure things out when he heard Shiro and Matt yell, "Holiday Fun!"

The room suddenly was filled with fireplaces and blankets, Christmas carols all with tables around the room filled with sweets and hot chocolate. He even thought he spied a chocolate fondue fountain!

His vision wavered for a second but then he saw Matt and Shiro in lighted sweaters and Lance wearing a blue zoom suit. What the hell?

He figured Hunk was here when cookies, cakes and biscuits were strategically appearing around the room. He paused, "What are you guys doing here? Why aren't you with your families?"

Allura came in wearing a Grinch onesie?!? "Keith, you are our family too. Did you think we wouldn't celebrate with you? That we wouldn't be back?"

"Ummmmm, yeah, I guess."

Shiro reached him first hugging him tight. "Keith, how many times do I have to tell you, you ArE my family, my brother in fact!"

Matt grins, "Yup and I have a feeling we are going to be brother in oof!!! OW, Shiro that ugh."

Keith stares at both men who are conversing to low to understand, rubbing his neck, he replies, "Uh, okay..."

Hmm, does this mean Matt and Shiro are going to make it official. Speaking of Holts, Keith can't help but glance around and be disappointed that he doesn't see Katie...or Pidge. Shaking his head, he tries to shake that thought loose. He shouldn't be thinking of her that way, she's almost family. And more importantly she isn't here. "Sigh."

The group is trying to tell him what they've been up to and what they got for Christmas. When suddenly a door slams open and is kicked shut, everyone turns. In walks Katie Holt, in a dress no less. Keith blinks, trying to determine what he is seeing. Damn. She's beautiful. She's wearing a green and black dress that draws attention to her tiny waist and toned body. Fuck he needs to focus! Is the room suddenly warmer??

"Sorry!!! You assholes, why would you leave me to distract James?!? You know, I had to pretend I was sick because he wouldn't let me be! Then he wanted to carry me back to my room. Ughhhhh, you guys suck!!! Hey Keith, Merry Belated Christmas!!"

Keith finds himself frowning, "Why were you alone with Griffin?"

Pidge frowns at her brother, pointing, "Cuz Tweedle dee and Tweedle Dum thought me in a dress was so weird that James wouldn't notice where everyone else was heading. We really didn't want him to find out about this room. Hell, all my games are here and more importantly how would I avoid running if he knew where I disappeared to? And unfortunately they were right. He didn't want to leave before I gave him a very good excuse."

Keith found himself somehow standing in front of her. Noticing her pink cheeks and curled hair. Unknowingly he reaches for a curl and brushes it off her cheek, finger tracing her jaw line.  He finds himself taking a step even closer. She's really pretty. Beautiful really. And smart. With wit and cunning. She was great at plans and she understood the value of silence. Hell she was much too good for the likes of him.

But he cannot bring himself to move back. Instead he breathed deeply and could smell her shampoo. He looked down and grinned, "Sick, right?"

She laughed, "Okay, honestly I told him I had cramps because of my period. Ohmygod, let me tell you, that guy turned RED! Definitely didn't have a sister or girlfriend, hahah!!! After that he couldn't leave fast enough. And while I hate relying on that stupid excuse," she shrugged delicately, "but what are you gonna do, it works."

Hours later... 

Everyone seems to be in a food comatose except Katie and him. He hesitantly reaches for her hand, "So, I found your game and have been playing it. It's pretty cool and I think I'm pretty good. I almost beat your high score!"

Pidge smiles, "No shit. Let's play since these losers cannot keep up! You know we could be teammates instead of enemies."

Hours later, Pidge is leaning against his arm, "C'mon bud, you got this!"

Keith continues until he beats he boss man, then he looks down to Pidge, "So, missed me, huh?"

Pidge smiled replying, "Yeah apparently so."

Keith finished the boss man and looked down at her, "So um, I like being your teammate much better than being your opponent. Um, do you think, you'd like to be partners...like full time?"

Keith held his breath, waiting for her answer.

"Yes."

That word never sounded so good. Best Christmas Ever.