Married Life

Just a little fluff!

"Don't you dare!!!"

"Awww you gonna cry? Go ahead and cry baby!!!"

"You cheated!"

"NO I DIDN'T!!! Take it back!"

"I quit, this is why I hate playing with you, MOOOOOMMMMMM"

Katie Holt, aka, Pidge, aka, mooooommmmmm, aka Katie Kogane, looked at her husband and growled, "Why, why, why, would you give them the okay to play Risk this late at night? When they are already tired and crabby? YOU make this problem <kick to his leg> YOU go fix it!"

Keith groans, "They asked for you! In fact their calling you! And you stayed at work late!" <Pidge's leg starts to move>  So he quickly inserts "This isn't my fault! They wanted to play and I had a conference call...so I might not have heard what they asked, and just might have, said okay."

He looks at his wife of fifteen years and and tries to look innocent. "Babe, you know that they are sneaky. They really take after you."

At this point, Pidge literally jumps on Keith, "Nope!!! Nope!!! You can't blame this on me! My child is the one who hates playing the stupid game and wants to quit. And is currently crying! YOU are the one who likes to win no matter what! I was a good girl!"

Keith laughs, pulling her close, holding her tighter, "Good girl?!? Who hacked her way into the Garrison?" He rolls her under him on the couch and grabs her wrists, using his weight to stop the kicking.

Pidge bites his shoulder, "Ass! I only did that under extenuating circumstances. Go...fix...this..<voice lowered> especially if you want some mommy and daddy time later." She kisses him and then leans back, arching an eyebrow.

Keith groans, "You fight dirty Kogane."

She laughs, "Yup! Learned from the best! Now, go!"

Keith sneaks one more kiss before he gets up and tells Finn, "Finn, mom wants you, it's time to get ready for bed!!"

Finn runs over, "Mom, let me tell you, that game is horrible!"

She laughs, picking him up and holding him close. He's almost too big to do this but he's her last, her baby and she just can't help herself. Keith murmurs, "Be careful, he's getting heavy." He puts a hand on her back, then skims down to smack her on the ass. "I'll get our two Commanders up in a few."

She smiles and nods, listening raptly to her little boy explain why he lost and why there's no strategy when the game relies on dice throwing and dumb luck.

Keith walks over to the dining room table where his two oldest are arguing over some move. Keith looks at the board, realizing they are pretty close in continents, so this game is not ending soon. And since neither of kids like to give up he simply looks at them both, stating sternly "We've said it before, no fighting and name calling while playing games. Times up."

Both kids are blaming each other and begging for more time. Keith holds firm, knowing this is no quick win for either side. He pauses, "We can keep the game as is and you can finish tomorrow."

Drew replies, "Dad no! My luck with the dice may change, what if she switches dice, what if"

Abbey yells, "I'm no cheater! You are a cheater! You keep getting Finn to attack me and you do nothing for him! You are a cheater!!!!"

Keith holds up a hand. "Stop! Mom is really tired, do either of you really want her to come down here?"

Both kids pause and Keith continues, "You know mom hates it when you fight. It really makes her sad. And tomorrow is Saturday and we were supposed to have a fun family day, going to Uncle Matt's...but hey, if you want to cancel, let's finish this game." He sits down and looks like he's excited. The kids pause...Drew stands up, "Truce?" Abbey replies, "Truce."

Keith smiles and says, "Okay want me to keep this set up?"

Drew says, "No, cuz where will we eat breakfast? I'm going to tell mom about the robot problem I have. It's not working again. I think there's something wrong with the motherboard."

Abbey nods, "yeah, you can put it away Daddy." She leans up and kisses him, sweetly adding, "I'm going to get ready for bed."

Keith smiles and then after the kids are upstairs thinks, damn, they got me to put this mess away!! They really do take after Pidge!!

Later that night, when all was quiet, Keith whispered in his wife's ear, "Want one more?"

Pidge laughs, "No, no more. You keep doing this, one more, shit." Then she turns to him leg over his hip and hand on his cheek, "C'mere."

Even later that night, when Pidge catches her breath and stares at the ceiling...she murmurs, "Maybe just one more. I never liked prime numbers anyway."