Day 9 Castles

So I keep falling behind but I honestly like this idea or some version of it. Let me know what you think!

9. Castle

Pidge has always wanted to visit a castle. So when a request came in for a paladin to visit Himeji Castle in Japan, Pidge happily volunteered. She did her research too so she knows this castle is said to be haunted!! Apparently sometime in the past a person was falsely accused of losing or breaking valuable dishes and was therefore killed! Obviously she must have been a servant but now her ghost is supposed to haunt the castle at night! Pidge couldn't wait to visit.

She mentioned this in passing to Matt who blabbed to Shiro. Then she was obliged to hear a lecture but honestly, did Shiro always have to treat her like a kid still?? It was nice he was worried but she would be fine. It's not like ghosts were real anyways. But no matter, she was on a convoy to Japan with James, Ina and Ryan. She couldn't wait.

This trip might also be a good time to figure out her James problem. Veronica said that James was interested in her but she was unsure what she wanted to do. She liked him but was it enough? He could be pretty by the book, but at the same time he felt very comfortable. She liked hanging out with him and they've eaten dinner a few times at the Garrison. Pidge wasn't sure so at least this way she could figure things out without her nosy friends and brother around.

The next day James got a message they had to stop at a nearby town before heading to the castle. Where once they arrived they saw Shiro, Lance and Hunk were waiting. She arched a brow, what the hell?

James groaned and muttered, "I swear to God."

Pidge turned and looked at him but he pasted on a fake grin, "Hey look who's here?" Raising his voice he continued, "I thought you guys had stuff to do?"

Hunk waved and Lance had that idiot grin on his face, "Griffin, you know, we got to talking and thought this would be a great way to learn about Shiro's culture."

Shiro nodded and picked up, "Yeah, we never got to travel Earth really, so we decided to take advantage of this opportunity. Hunk can't wait to learn some new recipes."

Sighing I rolled by eyes and looked to Ina who shrugged. Finally James replied, somewhat angrily, "Well the more the merrier...I guess."

After their arrival, they were allowed to rest and change before the dinner celebration was scheduled for tonight. Pidge rested, showered and changed. She really wanted a tour of the castle. It was built differently that the castles in Europe so Pidge couldn't wait to explore. Unfortunately James caught her trying to sneak out and like the killjoy he was, he didn't let her explore on her own. She really wanted to find the well that the ghost apparently died in. But instead they strolled the gardens.

Dinner was a big affair and just when she thought she was going to be cornered by the prince of the Imperial Family, she felt a familiar presence. Glancing up she caught Keith's eye. What was he doing on planet? Before she knew it, the prince was asking if her parents were on the trip...what? Why? Before she could answer, Keith approached and placed his hand on her back, between her shoulder blades and said, "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?"

Pidge blinked. Um. Okay. "Yes, I imagine it is. It's not like I can see it from-"

Suddenly the prince looked to Keith, bowed and walked away. Huh? "So want to tell me what that was about?"

Keith shook his head, "Don't worry about it. So ghost?"

Grinning Pidge went into some details before the rest of the team huddled around and everyone was laughing and talking, even Ina and Ryan. James looked a little annoyed but Pidge wasn't sure what had happened. Finally the party was over and everyone was supposed to go to bed.

Keith offered to walk her to her room, which she knew annoyed James but she tried to ignore it. That was a problem for another day. At the door to her room, Keith held her arm, and pulled her back into him. He asked, "I hope it's okay that I came."

Pidge quickly turned, "Of course it is! Look this is gonna be great, we hardly ever all get together in one location anymore. I...miss you...all. All of you. A lot."

Pidge internally groans and hope Keith cannot see how red her face is. Shit.

After good night's, Pidge gets ready for bed and settles in for the night.

Pidge wakes up with a start. Her heart is racing. She feels sweaty and why is her bed so...pokey??? She reaches for her phone, only to find nothing. Shit, where did she put it? Rolling over, she feels like the bed is super scratchy and finally gets up to open the drapes. Only to see a completely different castle. There's no outlets. No electricity. Hell even the town looks different more like a painting. What the hell???

Blinking, she turns all around. Why is she dressed in these clothes? Suddenly the door is opened and a partially dressed Keith enters he room. "Pidge? Where are you? C'mon please-"

She turns from the window to see Keith looking frantic. She instantly moves to him and basically throws herself at him. "Keith, what the hell is going on? I don't have my phone and there's no electricity!"

Keith holds her tightly, "Yeah, I figured. Um, so I know we don't believe in ghosts, but what about time portals? I mean you guys went to an alternate dimension right?"

"Well fuck!"