"I can't watch you with someone else. It's tearing me apart."

Happy Valentine's Day!!! Love all of you!!!!

Pidge has been quiet for a few weeks, months if she is being completely honest. Analyzing her options carefully and trying to figure out what she should do. She wants to be happy for him. In fact, she is. He deserves to be happy after all. He deserves to be with someone who eases his load and appreciates him. And while she didn't realize what she really felt for him before she does now. Fuck. There's no putting that element back into the table now.

Typical. Sometimes the timing in life just sucked. Maybe some distance... maybe she just needs some space to get a little perspective. So with Keith and the Blades scheduled to be back home for at least a few months for negotiations and humanitarian talks Pidge had decided she needed to leave before Keith even got on the planet.

After careful consideration of her options, Pidge ultimately decided to sign up with the MFE pilots for their upcoming space mission. They felt like they needed some in depth experience in space and with the upgrades her and Matt finished on their crafts, it was time to test them out. Pidge secretly talked to a few people and requested to be reassigned as their point person to make adjustments... on their ships... in space.

Pidge knew she had to talk to her parents about her decision but in typical fashion she put it off to the last minute. But with Keith's eminent arrival, time was up. She sat them both down to let them know why she needed some space. While her mom was not happy, she understood thank goodness. Unfortunately, this time it was her dad who was more...unhappy. Her mom gave her a hug and whispered, "I can handle dad. Just, please be careful and come back safe. Love you."

With tears in her eyes, Pidge promised.

A few short weeks later, Pidge knows she isn't going to be able to run away from these feelings but she also knows, she can get through them. She just has to be focused and busy. Which she embraced. So late nights, projects and lack of eating led her to her current problem.

She was currently hanging over James' shoulder while he stalked through the halls of the ship. She should've known he'd enforce the 'rules' he placed on her. He was a little more like Shiro than she felt comfortable with. Making her eat, sleep and just be with the team was not what she imagined he'd be like on a mission. Get the job done. So she ignored his requests, then orders. But here they were. He finally gets to her room and throws her down on the bed.

"Stay. Sleep."

"Um, gee, James I didn't know I was your pet? What the fuck?" She sits up frowning, pushing her hair back out of her angry eyes. 

Pointing at her, he returns, "You're here until you sleep, at least ten hours! You're lucky I don't tie you up! That's an order."

"Gee James, kinda kinky, don'tcha think? I didn't know you ran that way." She bats his finger away.

"Argh!!! Please tell me you are worse now than before! How did you manage to save the flipping universe?!? You don't listen, you don't sleep and I swear I don't know if you even eat! Take care of your damn self! I'm definitely not trying to be your parent but hell if you don't need someone looking after you! Look, I don't care if you have some secret issues that you won't share with your team leader - "

Suddenly Pidge has lunged for James, hitting him square in the gut followed by a leg sweep. "SHUT UP!! I don't need another mom or dad, I have two already!" Panting and red faced she stares down at him.

"You wanna fight? Let's go then! Maybe you will wear yourself out and get some damn sleep!"

He lunges upward and Pidge feints left only to move right, jumping onto the bed and slamming back into him. He falls but quickly grabs Pidge so suddenly she is on top of him, twisting to make sure he falls on the bed.