Oct 5 & 6

I think I'll try to add 2 days at a time. Hope you enjoy!

October 5: Medieval Fair

Pidge is staring in the mirror. She looked... different. She turned slightly to the left, then to the right. Not bad really just not like herself. Usually for work she is the behind the scenes girl. Or if she had to be out and about, a court jester was her go to role. It was fun and it allowed her to tease and interact with the crowd. But now, um, yeah.

How did she get here? Well, Allura had to go out of town unexpectedly and they needed a stand in. Then Romelle had a thing with her brother come up, so here she was, dressed in an emerald green gown, with red lacing and black thread woven in the hem and edges of her sleeves. Her hair was currently being stuffed in some sort of lacy hat thing that somehow sparkled by Veronica who swore this is how it was done in the old days. Unfortunately for her, Veronica believed in historical accuracy. Yet, she still sneakily switched out the 'boots' with her real boots. It was all tied up though because Veronica got carried away and did her make up as well. Not bad but she looked too...different. It made her feel self conscious. She didn't want to go out there. But, well they could not very well get Shiro in the dress now could they!

Regardless, Hunk was telling her through the door that it was showtime. The jousting tournament was going to start and as the 'princess' she had to be out there. Hold court. Look princessy. Nadia was at least her lady in waiting so she wasn't going to be alone but damn she felt uncomfortable with being in the spotlight.

Hunk escorted her out and she found she enjoyed the waving to kids and even hugging some of them. It was the sitting on the stage part she wasn't too excited about. She sat and was surprised to see Shiro at her side. "Shiro?"

Shiro smiled and bowed. In a loud carrying voice, "My lady, the knights fight in your honor. For you. For the land of Voltron. Victory or Death." Applause and shouts erupted as the horses carried in the knights. Shiro continued in a low tone, "I'm officially your steward here so I can help you out. You didn't think I'd leave you all alone, did you?? In fact, I think Griffin is due to win today's joust. As far as I know-Lance, Keith and Kinkade are fighting as well as some new guy. Then you have to let them kiss your hand. The winner gets to help you down the stage to the back. Cool?"

Pidge nods. At least she didn't have to actually do anything, no fighting or heaven forbid dancing! She could handle waving and bowing. Right?

As the jousts went on, she found it was different on the actual stage versus mingling with the crowd. As she could see things from up a little higher she instantly could determine who was who. Lance was all loose limbs and smiles since his helmet was usually in his hand. He was all winks and grins. Definitely flirting with the girls in the audience. Gosh, we was getting a lot of 'favors' from the women!

Then there was Hunk selling food and skewers on the side of the action. Looking as if he truly was a merchant or food seller, she wasn't quiet as good with her Middle Ages lingo as others but Hunk was a natural. Her brother had taken over the court jester role and Veronica was a servant girl.

As the fighting went on she found she was a little nervous thinking James was going to be named the winner. He had been slightly flirty with her lately and she was not sure if he was serious or just teasing her. She knew she didn't really date but he didn't seem like the type of guy to lead one on.

Refocusing on the task at hand, she smiled and waved as she imagined a princess would. Trying to mimic to the best of her ability how she saw Allura act. Smaller actions than she was used to. She can do what she wants just more controlled. Dainty. Sweet. Just pretend but damn it was getting hot! Muttering to Shiro that she felt light headed, he quickly waved Hunk and Veronica over for a drink. Taking a careful sip, she tried to maintain some dignity. She did NOT want to faint in front of a crowd!