ValenKidge 2022

Feb 8-"Don't give me that look.... You're cute when you're angry."

Later in Pidge's lab...

Pidge was sitting in her comfy office chair, which she rolled around next to her desk. She was leaning back in the chair- eyes wide, watching Keith have a temper tantrum. Absently she thought he looked pretty good. For once, he wasn't banged up from a mission or exhausted. His clothes were clean and simple but reminded her of his style when they first met. Black jeans. Black t-shirt. Red zip up sweatshirt. No gloves but hey, it was summer. She still wondered why he was on planet because he didn't give her an answer. After she asked he muttered about where her lab was hidden and basically ordered her to take him there. His hair even looked rather neat, with it being pulled back into a small ponytail.

Blinking she looked up. He was standing right in front of her chair, wide stance and staring at her. Well. She must of missed something. Tuning back in she quickly reassessed.

"Are you even listening?" At her nod, he continued, "So, let me get this straight. You mean to tell me, that this guy was bothering you...for fucking months... and in your infinite wisdom YOU thought the very best option was to say you had a boyfriend. But you don't. So you had this elaborate plan of faking it. With someone. Who was supposed to be fucking LANCE?!" Keith's tone started low but rose with each word. At the end he was pretty much roaring his displeasure, voice echoing in the sterile lab.

At Pidge's slow affirmative nod, Keith continues. While pacing the room. Arms waving, pointing and pulling on his hair. Keith knows this is just one more sign of him losing his cool but it was that or strangle Pidge. Or Lance. Definitely Lance. Lance was dead. He tried to refocus.

"So you confided in Lance. Like you told him about this and you both agreed to date."

"Well yes. But in name only. Look, Lance came by the lab unexpectedly. He saw first hand my phone blowing up and took it upon himself to read my messages. Dude, you know how nosy he is."

"So what? He knows your phone passcode?!"

Pidge sighs, "No dork. He read them from the Lock Screen. There was a lot. By the time I realized, I had to tell him the whole story. He was pissed."

Keith nods, "Yeah okay. That gells. So, he saw and you guys talked and said, 'Let's pretend date?'"

"Well not exactly, like that. But you gotta admit it-it made sense. C'mon there's a reason it's a trope. Fake dating." As Pidge recognizes the anger on his face, she quickly continues, "Anyways, it was super convenient. I talk to Lance a lot, he hangs by my place and sometimes sleeps over. So we figured we would just embellish. You know hold hands, text, hug, eat dinner. It really would not have been that much to change the perspective. Hell, we do that stuff anyways."

Keith could feel the beginnings of a headache. Hell, screw beginning. He had a full blown migraine. His temples throbbed and he tried pressing his thumbs right above the bridge of his nose. But, for all his effort, he could not seem to push down the rage. At what, one might ask.

Well, first anger that some guy was bothering Pidge. She sure as hell did not deserve that. Then there was the fact he was so out of the loop he did not even know. That she was dealing with a problem by herself because she didn't want to bother him. Or she felt that she didn't want to tell him. Because he wasn't around. Then there was the fact that Lance was supposed to be her boyfriend. Lance. Not him.

It was just dumb luck that he was on planet and on base. That Lance was late. That Pidge saw him. That the guy followed her. That he was the one lucky enough to to kiss her.

"Don't forget kiss. You obviously meant to kiss him." He tried to take a breath in when Pidge's voice emerges calmly.

"Don't give me that look....it was a solid plan. Although you're pretty cute when you're angry. Babe."

Keith opened his eyes and stared at his beautifully frustrating teammate. Groaning, he murmured, "Fuck Katie, what am I going to do with you?"