Kidge Winter event!!!

Day 1-December 18: ice skating

"Stop staring at me."

"But you hate winter. You hate the cold. I mean, you're not even the biggest fan of nature. So how the hell are you this good of a skater?"

"Shhh!" Pidge looked around and sure enough, Lance's loud voice was drawing attention. People were glancing their way. She could literally feel their eyes on her. And now she was feeling uncomfortable. She hated being the center of attention and can literally feel her face turning red. Feeling irritated she quickly skates off. Honestly, so what, she can skate, it's not rocket science. Smirking she thought, no rocket science would be expected of her.

She keeps going around, picking up speed, it all the while ignoring Lance and thinking back to last year when she first met him and had a bit of a crush on him. Thank God she was over that. Now, she would consider him and Hunk her best friends. Smiling she can't help but think how much her life has changed over the last year. For the better too! She skipped two grades and was terrified that she would be a social pariah in high school.

Fortunately, that fear didn't come true. Instead, she was taking classes that actually challenged her and made her work. She had friends. Lance was super friendly and didn't get offended when she was awkward around him. Instead, he seemed to take it as a challenge! Every day, he said "Hi", he initiated contact. It probably took a month of him talking to her in daily class for her to realize that he was being authentic. He actually wanted to be my friend.

Life was much better even if she was younger than her peers. She saw Hunk setting up the hot chocolate table and treats near the fire.

Suddenly, her feet were taken out from under her, she was hit, spun and facing the ground. Blinking she looked directly into another's eyes. His eyes. The mullet. Lance's rival. He was under her. What the hell?

"Sorry, Katie. We were shooting a puck around and someone lost control. It was headed your way and, "

"Pidgey!! What the hell Keith! Are you okay?" Lance holds out his hand and grabs me by my armpits, pulling me up quickly. "You good?"

I'm trying to get my bearings and see the opposite side of the ice. They were playing hockey, and I can see Keith's concern.

Axca skates closer, grabbing Keith's arm and pulling him to her. "Sorry lost control of that one! C'mon Keith. Let's go."

I blink, still trying to get my bearings. I look up and Keith's gaze is solidly on me. He shakes off the arm and moves closer to me. "Are you ok? We landed a little hard, but I didn't think you'd hear me in time."

His hands reach out and readjusts my hat and I feel his fingers lightly drift down my jawline. I blink. I've never been this close to our school's bad boy.

"Keith?"

"Um, wanna, go and get some hot chocolate?"

I freeze, holy shit. Keith Kogane wants to hang out?

Unfortunately, I hear both Lance and Axca simultaneously yell our names in conjunction.

Keith, smirks, "Yeah, c'mon Katie, c'mere with me."

I feel my face flush but this time I'm not embarrassed. I'm intrigued. I'm interested. Let's go!