Day 17 & 18

Day 17-Amusement Park

Cont'd from day 16- road trip Special chapter for Kingfisher61-thanks for your support and since you asked...here's more. I'm kinda digging this one so I may use this storyline for a few more!

It was close to midnight and while he was tired...he just couldn't go to sleep. Keith couldn't believe it worked! She actually agreed. He's got a full two weeks with Katie Holt. Alone. No Lance, no Matt, no Shiro even. Just Katie and him. Alone...

Oh shit. What did he just do?? How is he going to talk to her one to one the whole trip? And what the hell was he doing saying he liked her??

Next morning,

Keith sat awkwardly at breakfast with Pidge. They needed to stay here in town for two whole days! Unfortunately this town was so small they did not have the size tire that Pidge needed. He had asked around since she was not an early riser and found out they had an amusement park nearby. He planned to ask her if she wanted take an Uber to the park but he felt nervous.

"So, um, since we have to wait I heard about this amusement park that was nearby. It might be fun to kill some time. If you want." Keith felt his heart hammering in his chest. What if she said no? What if she wanted to do some stuff on her computer, no-laptop? He found himself getting tense and being very still.

Two hours later

Keith and Pidge have been on at least five rides. The lines haven't been too long but he's having fun. They've eaten a few snacks, his treat obviously, and he feels like even their silences are comfortable. They have stood in line, side by side. His finger even brushed hers! He knew he was being stupid but he was happy. Just being around her. Going on rides. Waiting in line. Playing some game she likes on his phone with her. It's like a date.

He shook his head, focus, he needed to focus. He needed to remember that they were sort of friends.

But she was so damn cute. He looked over to her, smiling. Then they got to a ride...where...they told her ... she wasn't tall enough. Oh shit!

Day 18. Map

They got a tire. You would think things would be great. They were on their way. Tire on, bike stored, trip good to go. So they were on their way to the next stop. But...there was a problem. He was driving because Pidge wasn't a morning person. But there was a detour and by the time he figured out he was lost and woke Pidge up, well it was a mess. He figured she could read a map. It was something smart people did.

Apparently he was mistaken!

"Fuck! Why is there no service in this area?!"