War and Peace

First, we're gonna appreciate this piece of art: Ray in attack on titan uniform and ODM gear. Yes<3

Part 8 of The Student Council

(y/n)'s pov

It's been a week since the library incident. Ray and I kept our word and chose not to talk about it all. So we were just interacting like normally: passive-aggressively criticizing each other.

"So, for the start of our trimester, we will be doing a group project on War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy," our literature teacher, Mr. Leslie said. Half of us groaned. I mean, seriously?! It's only been seven days since our break and we suddenly have another project. 

"I know class, you all hate me now," he stated. "But in addition, I will be assigning groups, and the criteria are three people each, with one I know you work well with, and one I think you can start associating with yourself more."

That doesn't seem that bad. I feel like I could cooperate pretty easily with my fellow classmates. I sat up straight, waiting for my name to be said.

"Norman, Don, and Emma will be group 1," he started. "Gilda, Anna, and Nat will be group 2."

Thirty seconds passed. My name hasn't been called yet, and I started getting worried. 

"And for group 6. "(f/n), Ray, and (y/n)," he said. Of course. I looked to my left. 

"(y/n)! We're in the same group!" (f/n) whispered next to me. "And with Ray too!"

"Yay," I replied unenthusiastically. Why does this always happen to me? Especially after all the stuff that happened between me and Ray, such as my sister's party, karaoke, Christmas Eve, and now the library. 

Our teacher's statement about one person we could work with and one we could start interacting with really shines here. 

But we decided to just pretend that never happened, so I pray that nothing weird occurs. 

"Alright, now that our groups are assembled, please make a plan with your partners of how'll you'll do your project," Mr. Leslie said. "You will be doing a slide presentation on one particular topic that interests you."

Ok, that doesn't seem that hard. Academically, both (f/n) and Ray are up there, including me. We can do this in three days if we're not distracted. But because it's (f/n), Ray, and me, this project will probably take at least a week.

"Ray!" (f/n) called. He was all the way on the other side, so he picked up his chair and placed it across us. "So, first of all, has anyone read War and Peace before?"

Both Ray and I raised our hands before narrowing our eyes at each other. "It was in my honor's lit class in freshman year," I answered.

"I read it for AP literature for sophomore year," Ray said after me.

"Ha! Guess I'm smarter than you in classic novels," I said. Now that we don't somehow fall into each other's arms, we were always trying to one-up the other person. 

"Please, Advanced Placement actually merits more for college," he replied. I was about to answer back when I felt (f/n)'s hands on our foreheads.

"Guys, don't fight," she said. "I haven't read War and Peace yet, and one to two-year gaps is quite a long time. So if we all have a copy, why don't we read together?"

I stared daggers at Ray before answering. "I'm fine with that, how about you, Hot Topic?"

"Oh, someone's being a little obsessed with me," he said. "Didn't know we were that far to be calling each other nicknames."