The Present and Future

Requested by qu4ckii

genre- soulmate plot, modern and normal au (it'll make sense i hope)

and yes, i know season 2 already started and clearly ended. i watched every Thursday from the first week of January to the last week of march. i pretty much died every episode, and evaporated slowly after episode 11.

i will be following the anime plot here so it won't be confusing

Also this may be the most confusing thing ever. I can't even figure out how I got this idea, so I apologize if I get some things wrong

(f/n): friend's name

(y/n)'s pov:

It started that day in January. There wasn't anything entirely special that time except for the first incident.

On my left hand, between my index and ring finger, were the words and digits, BO6-32.

What the-, I thought. I though about rubbing it off with a damp cloth, but quickly rethought about. I've heard about this. Random symbols appearing on skin, where have I remembered that?

The next day, I spoke to (f/n) about it. She knew more about astrology and superstition, so I guessed she might figure something out.

"Yesterday, these words had shown on my left hand," I told her. She asked if she could look at it, but strangely, it was gone. I was confused, but luckily, (f/n) believed me.

"I'll try researching this," she said. "I think I know what's going on."

A week later (Ray's pov, at the tower in the demon village)

When I woke up, something was on my hand. It wasn't BO6-32 like I wrote last week, to remember where the bunker was for future purposes. We might be going back there to gather supplies. But Instead, it was a set of numbers. What's going on?

Chris started clanging on a frying pan again, so I rubbed my eyes of sleep and went to the makeshift kitchen. I quietly made breakfast, which was a recipe Mujika taught me before we left her home. Fried potatoes topped with herbs.

Apparently, I was still half-asleep, because I mishandled the hot oil and accidentally burned my hand a bit. It didn't sting that much after, but it left an oval mark on my right finger. I silently cursed under my breath because now I'll have to find ointment.

(y/n)'s pov

Crap, what the hell?! I thought. I was taking a test, when all of a sudden, I felt a random jolt of pain on my finger. A mark appeared as well. I dropped my pencil, causing everyone to look at me. This is fun, this is really fun.

"What was that all about?" (f/n) asked during lunch. She noticed the blemish on my hand. "Did you burn yourself?"

"No," I said shaking my head. "It just came up during our math class! I don't even know what's happening, first it was BO6-32, then this."

(f/n)'s eyes narrowed, and seemed to be thinking of something. "You know, try writing something on your hand," she answered vaguely. "I doubt you wrote it in your sleep, so there may only be one cause to this."

"Why?" I asked, but she shrugged. (f/n)'s obscure like that. I obeyed her and wrote down my phone number, because I was trying my best to memorize it. There has to be some logical solution to this, I thought. So why am I writing stuff on my arm now?

Nothing happened that moment, or at least, nothing happened yet.

Ray's pov

Gilda noticed the numbers on my palm later. We were helping each other sort the food, and she observed it as I held a carrot.