The Prince

Requested by @Mayotan.

A one-shot relating to The Student Council. Consider this as a side story and not with the actual plot.

Ray's pov

"Ray, please," (y/n) said over the phone.

A minute ago, I got a call from (y/n) saying that she had an emergency and needed someone to babysit Lily, her younger sister, for the night. I asked her about (f/n), but apparently, she was busy that day. And I was the only person Lily knew in our friend group.

I sighed. "Fine, but you owe me."

"Yes! Thank you, Ray," she answered, quickly declining. I told my mom that I'll be home tomorrow and swiftly changed into something comfortable. I brought out an old bag and filled it with stuff kids like, such as cupcakes.

I remembered (y/n)'s house and started walking there. Once I came, I rang the doorbell and she answered it. 

"Hi, again thank you, you're a lifesaver. Here come on inside," she said opening the door.

Strangely, she was in an evening gown. "You look nice." I complimented her.

She smiled in gratitude. "Thanks."

"Lily! Ray's gonna be your caretaker today!" she yelled from downstairs. I heard her come down.

"Ray!" she said as she ran to me. "You came back!"

She hugged my waist. I have no idea why Lily's so attached to me. "Yeah, and I brought stuff, too."

Lily stayed hugging my leg as I talked with (y/n) who was running around her house. 

"So your emergency, was a party?" I asked.

"Technically, yes, it's for a meeting for our family's company," she explained. "Since I'm of proper age now, I have to attend in my parent's and sister's place."

"I see," I replied. "Well have fun."

"See you later! And good luck!" she said leaving through the door. 

"So Lily, you're the boss," I said. "What do you wanna do first?" 

She shrugged as she looked at what's in my bag. I glanced at my watch and it was currently 5:30 pm. "Do you want a snack? I brought some cupcakes."

She nodded. "What flavor?" 

"Red velvet," I answered, grabbing the clear container. "I baked them last night for my mom. She loves them."

I gave the box to her and she took my hand. Lily led me to the kitchen where we sat down. She ran to the cabinets and I watched as she opened the door. I tried not to laugh as she started jumping multiple times to get a glass. "Ray, I need help please," she said.

"Alright, I'm coming," I said walking to where she was. "What glass do you want?"

"The one with the yellow flowers," she stated, pointing at it. I grabbed it and handed it to her. She proceeded to open her fridge to get a carton of milk, which I helped her with too. 

"Do you want a glass too?" she asked. 

"Sure," I said, grabbing one for myself. I helped pour milk into her glass and poured myself. We ate our cupcakes. 

"This is good," Lily said. "My mom likes red velvet, too. If you make it, she'll probably like you as well."

"Then I'm sure I'll find time to," I replied. "Well, what should we do next?"

She shrugged and made an I-don't-know expression. I thought she'd be decisive since most kids are at her age."'You still need to prove yourself worthy so you're picking."