Kindling

I have so many things to say about Episode 1 Season 2. That was an experience. I felt like I got a miniature heart attack because I could feel my heart race when I heard them talk. 

First the opening. Wow. Like when Norman, Leslie, and Conny shown, that hurt. Every time I watch the op, I wanna cry at the end. They matured and they looked so grown up!

Now the episode. Ray smiled more than five times. Let that sink in. He even said that he was going to live and protect his family. That's real development coming from the fact that two episodes ago he said he wanted to curse his life. I ain't forget. 

And I don't know it's just me, but when Emma and Ray reunited at the end, why did that make me feel so lonely? Like I'm glad that you're both alive, but Norman would probably silently cry on the inside when he sees that scene. Both of happiness and of pain.

It hurt my Noremma shipping heart a bit, and I feel bad for feeling like this honestly.

Lindsey is now drowning in an indescribable emptiness. 

(y/n)'s pov:

Now that it was the end of the day, we all quickly went home to get our stuff. After I picked up my sister Lily from her elementary school.

"Alright, Lily I'm sure you finished packing, so we're just gonna travel to a friend of mine who'll be our driver," I said, holding her hand as we left the door. 

"Who?" she asked, tightly holding her backpack. 

"Norman, you don't know him yet, but he's the only person who has a driver's license right now," I explained, forgetting she probably doesn't even know who Norman is.

"(y/n), who's Norman?" she asked curiously. We finally arrived in front of his house. 

"You'll see, we're here now," I whispered. I rang the doorbell and I felt Lily hide behind me. Emma opened it, and I saw past her shoulder that everyone was already here.

"Hi, (y/n), you're just on time, we've been waiting for you," she greeted, making a little wave. She then noticed Lily behind me. "And who's this little one?" 

"Oh, she's my little sister, Lily," I stated, all three of us walking inside. We all placed our bags in the pile of luggage in the kitchen.

Norman lives alone, in a house he was given by a friend of his. Emma usually sometimes stays over. I've only been there twice, once for a school-related meeting, and the other on Christmas Eve.

Lily seemed scared. She never liked being in new environments, even if it's a relative. So I held her hand the entire time as Emma gave both of us a glass of water.

"So you're Lily right?" Norman asked kindly. He crouched in front of her, so she doesn't need to look up as much. He was always really good with children. "I'm Norman and the girl with orange hair is Emma. I'm sure you already know (f/n) and Ray."

She nodded and didn't say anything, as she hid behind me. "Can I go talk to Ray?" she whispered. 

"Yeah sure, go ahead," I whispered back. She then walked to him. "Sorry, my sister never really was comfortable visiting new places." 

He laughed pleasantly. "It's fine, she seems really well-behaved."

"Trust me, she's not. She's a wild animal in our own house," I explained giggling. 

I went to where (f/n) was sitting and she was currently writing an essay. "You still haven't done the book report?"

"No, I've been procrastinating on it, but lucky for me, I've found an amazing story on Archive of Our Own," she explained, typing quickly.