Great Expectations

IM SO EXCITED FOR SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!!

It was literally the only thing that got me through 2020, and the fact that I don't want my parents to have access to my phone, and find my 294 photos of Ray.

Also, this was requested by @Mayotan

Ray's pov

We got an A for our group project, and we were pretty happy. I and my group members all hang out at (f/n)'s house, sharing a box of chocolate cupcakes I made.

It was raining that day as well, so (y/n) had to quickly go home to pick up her sister from her playdate. Unfortunately, she forgot her umbrella again.

Now I would've given it to her but she left in such a hurry that I didn't even have time to offer it. She just zoomed out into the pouring rain like the Flash.

At least she got home safely.

The next day

"(y/n)'s not coming to school today," Emma stated, after receiving a call from the office. The rain kept going all night and still to right now. "Apparently she got sick and caught a cold so she had to stay in."

"She really needs to remember to bring her umbrella," (f/n) said as she made a house of cards. It kept falling and I watched her get visibly frustrated every time it collapsed.

"Can I go to visit her?" I asked. Emma and Norman all looked at me in confusion. Usually I never even try to send a text. "To deliver her homework, of course."

"Oh, well in that case, sure," Norman agreed. "I believe her homeroom teacher has her work."

"Cool, thanks. (f/n), can you get (y/n)'s stuff since your in the same homeroom as her?" I inquired. She groaned when her structure settled to the rosewood coffee table once more. She then shoved them forcefully in the container. I think I've never seen her get upset over something.

"Yeah, sure whatever," she answered. "These stupid cards don't want to work with me."

We all got ready for our classes and started our day.

At the end of the school day

(f/n) seemed to cheer up after the entire house-of-cards incident. After I got (y/n)'s homework, I parted ways with (f/n) and I was on our way to visit (y/n).

The rain stopped as well, but I could see distant clouds so it might shower again.

I then remembered to pick up Lily. Since her teacher now knows me, so I sometimes pick her up if (y/n) is busy.

Lily waved. "Hi, Ray. My sister's sick right now so you can't flirt with her at the moment," she stated.

The kid's so clever it sometimes scares me. She's a miniature Norman in the making.

"I know, I've heard. That's why I volunteered to visit her," I explained. I'm just gonna forget she said that. It's not like I flirt with her everytime I see her. It's an unconscious habit, so you can't blame me.

I quickly traveled to my house, which was also a walking distance, greeted my mother and put some soup in a thermos. When I came out, Lily stood waiting for me next to a tree.

We then talked about our days as we walked to her house.

Lily nodded contemplatively and I watched as she ran to her front door and instead of calling for (y/n), she went around one of the flower bushes and overturned a rock. Under it was a spare house key. Lily then unlocked the door and we went inside.

"(y/n)'s upstairs, and I think she's sleeping," Lily said before going to the living room to watch a movie.

"Make sure you do your homework, okay?" I told her as I walked upstairs. She exclaimed "Okay!" as I remembered Lily said that (y/n)'s room was down the middle hall and it was behind the second door on the left.