The Fish Tank

Part 19 of The Student Council

(y/n)'s pov

I needed to get my mind together. My mom called, and I was currently eating dinner, which was some leftovers of takeout yesterday.

"(y/n), how was your school day?" my mother asked. "Did your meeting go well?"

"It was fine, I dropped Lily off at her piano lessons earlier," I responded. She started piano a month ago and she loves it.

"I see. You know, her music teacher has a son your age. Maybe you might know him?" she asked. I could hear her walk around. I resisted snickering.

"Mom, for starters there are millions of guys my age. And I probably wouldn't even have heard of him," I said as I cleaned my plate. I could hear Lily play "Dear Theodosia" a room away from me.

"Hm, that's a shame. Miss Isabella said he went to Gracefield Academy too," I heard her reply.

"Oh really? Sounds interesting," I said as I walked to my room. It's been a long day for me, and all I wanted to do was sleep. Too bad I had school the next morning.

"Well goodnight, have a great day tomorrow!" my mother said. I had one final question so before she declined I quickly asked her it.

"And before you go," I said. "Is Delilah really transferring to Goldy Pond Corporations? With Oliver?"

I heard her sigh through my cellphone. "Yes, and we may ask you to become the next successor of ours."

"Alright, thank you. Goodnight to you too," I nodded slowly. We ended the call and I got ready to sleep.

Inheriting the company, huh? Delilah would have been the heir since she was the firstborn, but since she moved to another facility because of our partner plan, it might be my turn.

My parents know that I never liked associating myself with business matters. One wrong move and your life career could have ended. It's like Monopoly, but with no Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card.

I proceeded to flop on my bed. It will be great for our name, and It'll definitely look good on my college resume, which is a guaranteed plus.

The only downside is I won't be able to see my friends that often. I'll be busy teaching myself stocks, finances, and filing that I probably would not be able to hang out a lot. That means I might grow apart, and I would definitely not want that.

I groaned and hid my head in my hands, completely forgetting about what happened two hours before. That is until I touched my face.

Great, now that what he said is stuck in my brain, sleep is hopeless now.

For what reason, I don't know, as he left, I felt his lips brush my left cheek before he left my porch. "See you tomorrow, (y/n)," Ray said. He spoke so normally it was like it never happened.

At this point, I'm just going to assume everything he does, says, performs is a lie. Or the total opposite. It's not my responsibility to figure out whether it was genuine or not.

I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep as I stared at my ceiling. It's weird, for the closer you gaze at it, the more it looks like it's moving.

time skip to next day

I decided to speak to Gilda about it since she's really good at giving advice. Luckily, I knew exactly where to find her.

I carefully knocked on the drama club dressing room door. Gilda was an aspiring designer, and she's been in Fashion Club since freshman year. She was also my first friend besides (f/n) so I got to know her well.