𝐆𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐌𝐲 𝐀𝐠𝐞

I haven't seen my ex since we broke up
Probably 'cause he
didn't wanna grow up
Now I'm out and
wearing something low-cut
'Bout to get attention from a grown up

That was Katherine Farrington's last working day at The Celestial. Lucius had escorted her out of Miranda's office and the building itself, the girl carrying only her enchanted purse, her wand, and a few dresses Lucius had bought for her right off of the designer racks. It was a dream come true. Lucius was powerful, influential, and wealthy and could help her achieve what she so desperately wanted. She was just happy to no longer be working for her imposing boss, finally free of the stresses of a 9-to-5.
The two apparated to Malfoy Manor together, Katherine holding on to Lucius's hand tightly so as to not get lost on the way. Her first sight was the huge, baroque front doors in front of her, in awe of the gorgeous mansion. It was a modern castle with lavish towers and beautiful green gardens. She had never seen a house as beautiful or as big as the manor, and she teemed with excitement as she and Lucius walked towards the doors. A man dressed in brown robes opened them and nodded politely at Lucius as he entered. He was about 70, with happy wrinkles around his mouth and eyes.

"Abernathy, this is Miss Katherine Farrington. She will be staying here for a few months. Show her nothing but kindness, you hear me? She is an important guest." Lucius murmured, not bothering to look the man in the eyes. The man nodded back, keeping his eyes on the floor before smiling silently at Katherine, who gave a meek smile back before Lucius pulled her away. "Katherine, that is our squib butler Abernathy. He is not allowed to speak unless spoken to or asked a question so do not be shocked at his silence. I can assure you he is listening." Lucius said as Katherine followed him into the large living room.

The space showed even more of the grandeur of the home. A crackling fireplace illuminated the dim area, showing a glistening chandelier attached to the high ceilings. Little decor was present except for a plethora of oil paintings fastened to the walls. At the back of the room sat a huge marble staircase with gold decorative railings. On the large, luxe sofa in the center of the room sat a gorgeous woman, her two-toned hair pulled back into an elegant half updo. She sat alongside a young boy about 14, with short hair as platinum as his father's. They both stood up quickly, walking over to Lucius and his guest with refinement and grace.
"Ah, you must be Miss Farrington. Such a pleasure to meet you, darling., Lucius sent a quick owl saying that you will be staying with us. I'm his wife, Narcissa, and this is our son Draco." She said warmly. Katherine couldn't help but admire her beauty, the way her pink rosy lips formed almost a heart-like shape, and her glistening eyes showed youth and perfection.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Malfoy," Katherine said before turning her attention to Draco. His nostrils seemed to be flared in disgust at her mere presence. "Hello, Draco." Draco looked up unamused, not bothering to talk to Katherine as he walked away towards the staircase, Narcissa looking uncomfortable at her son's behavior, not commenting on it."Please, dear, call me Narcissa. Have a seat, I will have Abernathy bring us out some warm tea." She said as she sat back down on the sofa. Katherine obliged and took a seat on an empty chair next to her as Lucius sat himself down on the black armchair next to the sofa.

"So, Katherine, what made you decide to accept my husband's offer?" Narcissa asked, trying to make polite conversation to warm up the uncomfortable air around them.
"I really need money to purchase a studio so I can start up my clothing business. I want to design luxury dress robes and gowns, fashion is such a passion of mine so I took the job at The Celestial to get my name out there. It didn't really work though." Katherine responded.

"That is quite amazing, dear. It was so lovely chatting with you but I am afraid I must head upstairs to check on my son. But you and Lucius are welcome to stay downstairs and chat." The tall woman said, standing up to head up the staircase like Draco had moments before, leaving Katherine and Lucius alone.