𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬

Plastic smiles and denial can only take you so far
Then you break when the fake facade leaves you in the dark

Katherine couldn't sleep that night. It was partially due to the fact that she had almost told Lucius she loved him, and he had adamantly rejected her. The other reason was the fact that her ankle was still throbbing, and throughout the night she had to wake up to treat it with a sleeping potion so she could at least sleep through the pain. When her eyes fluttered open the next morning, she was in her own bedroom laying underneath her comforter. Lucius had come in to let her know that he wanted her on bedrest for the next few days. She argued back with him which just caused him to get even more angry at her, and he walked out of her bedroom fuming and slamming the door. After that she had thought it best to sleep off her anger.

"Good morning, Katherine."

It was a woman's voice. Turning her head, she spotted Narcissa sitting at the edge of the bed. Katherine groaned and sat up, rubbing her eyes. "What time is it?" she asked before noticing that her foot was wrapped in a bandage, her toes picking out of the makeshift cast.
"It's 2 in the afternoon, darling. But don't worry, it's okay you slept in. I do apologize for my sister last night. She won't be threatening you any longer. Lucius made it clear to her that if she dares harm a hair on your head she will instantly regret it. He truly does care about you, you know. Even though your ankle is just sprained he wants to make sure you get better." She mused, running her hands gently through Katherine's hair.

"Narcissa, I'm feeling much better. I don't think having me rest is necessary. I'm a grown woman, I think I can fend for myself." Katherine responded coldly. The other woman shook her head, pressing a gentle kiss on Katherine's forehead.
"I'm not going against my husband's wishes for you. But I do know you're a woman of strong will so all I can do is tell you to be careful." She hummed before getting up to leave.
"Can you do me a favor? Would you mind grabbing my parchment and quill for me? I'd like to write a few letters to keep me occupied since I can't leave my bed." Narcissa obliged and grabbed her writing supplies from her desk. "There you go, dear. Now get some rest."

Katherine unrolled the parchment, immediately beginning a letter to Victor. There was no way that she was going to stay inside all day and night. Her ankle was fine, she felt fine, and she most definitely was able to walk. So she was going to be bad and sneak out. Because fuck Lucius. He was being an asshole to her so why can't she be a bitch back?
     Victor,
Got into trouble last night and sprained my ankle. I feel fine, it's healed and all, but Mr. Malfoy wants me on bedrest. Care to help me sneak out? My bedroom is the second window to the right.
     Love,
     Kat

She tapped the window, a beautiful owl flying in. "Victor Redferne, please." She mused as the owl snatched the letter from her hand. It flew out the window just as Katherine heard a knock at her door. "Come in!" The door opened, Abernathy bringing in a tray of tea and biscuits.
"Mr. Malfoy sends his best wishes. He would accompany you for tea but he is busy at the moment." He said, setting the tray down on Katherine's bed. The teacups were a sage green, and next to the matching teapot was a small stuffed cat holding a box of chocolate biscuits. Attached was a note, Katherine ripping off the parchment. Abernathy smiled at her before he exited her room.

  Katherine,
I would like to apologize for last night and this morning. I did not mean to lash out on you. Once you're better, I would like to make it up to you.
     Pleasantly,
       L.M

So now he wanted to apologize. It was a little to late for that.
-
That night, she stood in front of her mirror smoothing down her soft red dress. She had to admit it, she looked pretty hot. Too bad Lucius wasn't going to see her. Giving herself a quick spray of perfume, she headed towards the window. It quickly blew open to reveal a grinning Victor, who was sitting delicately on a broom with his hand outstretched. "Come on, Kat! Whatcha waiting for?"