𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐑𝐀: 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐍𝐒/𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐒/𝐓𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒

Surprise.

Literally why is it so hard for me to part with this story, I promise this is the absolute last chapter. There was a lot that I wanted to include but never actually did, so I thought I would add just some cute ideas I had to boost morale after my heartwrenching ending as a little bonus/thank you to everyone for reading. If anyone has any other fun ideas/opinions etc, I absolutely adore hearing feedback from ya'll. <3

𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝟙) Katherine was, obviously, spoiled rotten. During the beginning of their relationship he would almost suffocate her with gifts, the man being nervous she would suddenly leave him for someone else. His love language was giving gifts, and every time even a slight argument would arise Katherine would find a new piece of jewelry or a luxury dress on her bed the next day.

𝟚) Lucius never read Katherine's mind despite the fact he absolutely could. He respected her too much to invade her privacy, though on several occasions he was tempted to.

𝟛) After she left, Lucius turned Katherine's bedroom into an extension of the library. Every book he knew was her favorite was moved there, and soon it also became home to many children's books that he would read to Cassie over their weekly meeting for tea.

𝟜) Though he never showed it, Lucius adored Achilles. Whenever Katherine wasn't looking, he could be found absolutely babying their Doberman with praises and treats.

𝟝) Lucius secretly enjoyed the softer bits of the relationship, only being able to fall asleep if she was snuggled up in his arms.

𝟞) Lucius let Katherine braid his hair once and only once. She spent an hour doing an elaborate french braid complete with a velvet ribbon, Lucius never admitting that he loved the feeling of her fingers entwined in his hair.

𝟟) Katherine was never meant to know about/be involved with the Death Eaters. Lucius was oblivious to Voldemort's return which was why he felt comfortable bringing into the Manor. His biggest regret was putting her in harm's way and he blamed his actions during that time for her eventually leaving him for Victor.

𝟠) Katherine and Narcissa loved to bake together whenever they had the chance. It was their time to bond and get to know one another and partially one of the reasons they became such good friends. Narcissa never hated Katherine, she noticed that she brought out a better side of Lucius and made him happy so she never had an issue with their relationship as long as she could be there to protect and raise Draco.

𝟡) Lucius didn't mean to actually fall for Katherine, he just did. It terrified him, mostly due to his reputation and the age gap between them. The longer she stayed with him at the Manor, the less he saw her as someone who was there to please him. He realized he loved her when she was able to see straight through his cold exterior and put his past (and present) aside, caring for him as if he were the most amazing person in the world.

𝟙𝟘) While he was in Azkaban, Lucius would think of Katherine every time he felt the overwhelming despair overtake him until he seemingly couldn't remember her any longer, though he still was able to recall her emerald eyes. After she had visited him in his cell and saved him from a Dementor, he never forgot her face again. That was when he realized he loved her.

𝟙𝟙) Part of the reason Narcissa suddenly had switched up her attitude towards Lucius and Katherine's relationship was jealousy, she had secretly fallen for her as well and missed the glimpse of domestic life she had while Lucius was in Azkaban.

𝟙𝟚) Lucius never was 100% certain that Cassiopeia was his daughter. As the girl got older her eyes faded to a slight hazel and her hair darkened significantly, causing her to look more like Victor. However, he still treated her as if she was his own, buying her expensive gifts for her birthday and Christmas and even leaving her money before he died. He came to terms with the fact that being called Uncle Luci was better than nothing.

𝟙𝟛) Lucius fully planned on marrying Katherine, and he even had chosen a ring for her. He had a fear of being left alone after all that had happened with Narcissa, and he had a need for a new lady of the estate. He made a promise to propose to her before the Battle of Hogwarts, but their arguing about her fighting in the war caused him to miss his chance.

𝟙𝟜) After Lucius's death, Katherine became close to Narcissa and Draco again. Every week she would visit the mother and son for tea, the group sharing stories about the late Lucius. One time Draco accidentally began discussing one of the summer adventures they had all went on together, which left Katherine confused as to why Draco talked about her as if she was there.

𝟙𝟝) Katherine never did regain her memories, though sometimes she would experience what she thought were just fantasy dreams. Her favorite one that reoccurred most often consisted of her and a man (who seemed to look almost identical to Lucius) dancing around an elegant ballroom during a fanciful masquerade. She kept believing it was only a dream until she discovered a moving photograph shoved in one of the Manor's library books that portrayed a scene not unlike the one she dreamt about.

𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈'𝐦 𝐇𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥

Also, if anyone is a Tom Riddle stan I should be publishing the first chapter of Gods and Monsters sometime this week, Introduction chapter is out so people can add it to their libraries/lists etc

Anyways, this is officially the end. I'm definitely going to miss writing this and reading everyone's amazing comments. Until next time.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬 | | 𝕝𝕦𝕔𝕚𝕦𝕤 𝕞𝕒𝕝𝕗𝕠𝕪 🎉