𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰

Tell me somethin', girl
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?

"No."

Lucius raised his eyebrow, leaning back slightly in his chair.
"What do you mean no?"
She stood up in front of him, giving him a defiant smirk. "I said no. I'm not going to." Immediately she sat down and straddled on his knees, wrapping her arms around his neck. She gave him a taunting, teasing look, one that screamed you lose. He returned her stares with angry, desperate eyes.
"Not this time. I'm going to go without punishment. I fucked my best friend friend behind your back and you are just going to deal with it."

Lucius narrowed his eyes and reached to wrap his long fingers around her dainty neck, immediately stopping when he heard a voice coming from the entry to the living room.
"Lucius, he's arrived." called Narcissa. She sounded nervous, fragile, like she was scared of whoever had made his way to the manor.
Katherine scrambled to get off of his lap, smoothing down the fabric of her skirt. She turned to Lucius with a confused look on her face, tilting her head slightly. "Luci, who's the "he" she's referring to?" She inquired. Lucius looked pale, his adam's apple bobbing as he swallowed nervously.

"The Dark Lord. He and the other Death Eaters are here to discuss an important matter. Go upstairs and lock yourself in your room. I will have Abernathy fetch you when everything is done." He mumbled, standing up and placing a hand on the small of Katherine's waist guiding her in the other direction. She obeyed and quickly exited the living room, making it halfway down the hallway before she heard a voice calling her name.
"Not today, little mouse. The Dark Lord has specifically requested your presence."
Katherine froze and turned around to see Bellatrix behind her. She was grinning from ear to ear as she grabbed the other woman's arm.

She was dragged begrudgingly into the dining room which housed a large table. Lucius was already sitting next to Narcissa, and his eyes widened with concern as he saw Katherine enter the room. Bellatrix let go of her, pushing her towards an empty seat next to the Malfoys. She sat down next to Lucius, staring blankly ahead of her. She felt his hot breath against her cheek as he leaned down.
"Katherine I told you to go upstairs." He whispered, his voice simultaneously plagued with disappointment and concern.

"I was on my way upstairs, for your information. Then Narcissa's sister pulled me and said that He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named requested me specifically. Should I be nervous?" Katherine hissed back. Lucius reached underneath the table to grab her hand in his. His silence spoke for itself, his thumb tracing circles on the girl's hand. She finally took it upon herself to glance around the room. Not every chair was full, but she could see many unfamiliar faces surrounding her.

Except for one.

Directly in front of her sat a single face she so clearly recognized. He wore all black robes, long black hair falling at his shoulders. He was turned to the side talking to another Death Eater next to him, but Katherine could so clearly recognize the voice that was coming out of his mouth. He finally turned his head around, his face falling as his dark eyes met her emerald ones.

"Professor Snape?" Katherine gasped. He glanced to the side, ignoring her words as he began talking to the man at his side again. Lucius squeezed her hand warningly.
"Do not worry about him right now. Just wait." He warned. As he said that, Katherine noticed a figure shifting to the seat at the head of the table. Suddenly the seat was occupied by Lord Voldemort himself. Everyone stopped talking, focusing their attention to the front of the room. Voldemort stood up, lifting his hands over the table.

"Ah, welcome to our first official time back together. I am overjoyed to see that my loyal followers have all joined us, although we have a new face among us. Let us all give Katherine Farrington a warm welcome." He said, waving his hands to force Katherine to stand up from her seat. His eyes bore into hers as she shook slightly before him, feeling herself being forced into a bow. "Lucius, your little mouse is going to be of such good use to us. She is to help us find the prophecy.' The other Death Eaters laughed as she fell back into her seat, Lucius grabbing on to her to steady her.