𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

He's so tall and handsome as hell
He's so bad but he does it so well
And when we've had our very last kiss
My last request is...

The familiar green bushes loomed over her as she headed down the familiar pathway, head down as she approached the dark and gloomy Manor. Evil had not prevailed, Voldemort was dead, and Katherine had gotten out of the battle of Hogwarts alive. The Malfoys had gained exemptions from Azkaban, and she had received an owl from Lucius stating that he had somehow managed to get her one too (not that she believed she had done anything wrongful). The last couple of nights she had spent sleeping alongside Victor, who allowed her to stay with him while she and Lucius sorted out their remaining issues.

That's all the owl mentioned they would be doing, sorting out their issues and tying up amends. Nothing about how he had left her to defend herself at the Battle of Hogwarts or how they had broken contact until this very moment. The scribbled cursive writing instructed her to come to the Manor to collect her belongings and receive a final payment for her time. After all, their relationship could be boiled down to a simple business transaction, nothing more and nothing less.

Finally reaching the looming doorway, her knuckles rapped against the castle-like gates. A familiar face opened the front doors of Malfoy Manor. Abernathy, she had almost forgotten him. The poor butler must have kept his distance throughout Voldemort's siege of his home. His twinkling eyes were a sign of welcome that soothed Katherine's stinging nerves.

"Good afternoon, Abernathy. I missed you terribly," she said with a weak smile. The butler's lips turned up in a greeting smile as he held the door open for her to walk through.
"Ah, you've come back I see. Mr. Malfoy will be pleased at your arrival. He is in the drawing room, you know the way."

The clicking of her heels echoed throughout the abyssal chamber, her fingertips delicately tracing along the crown molding as she entered the room. The Manor seemed so foreign to her now. Her mind drifted into the dream it was when she had first arrived, how beautiful yet intimidating the elaborate mansion had been then. Now it was an empty carcass of its former glory, just like the Master of the Manor himself.

Lucius. He looked so worn out and tired, the heavy bags under his eyes still sorely red and puffy, stubble apparent on his normally clean-shaven face. Katherine could tell the man was in a great pain. It shattered her heart, to see the once strong and elegant man look so weak. At the sound of her footsteps he took a swig of blood red wine from the glass he was holding, turning to face her.

"Please, have a seat. You know you are always welcome here," he muttered icily, Katherine taking place on a spare footstool as far away from him as she could get. Instinctively she crossed her stockinged legs as Lucius's eyes flashed up and down her body. "I've missed you, my dove. Though I knew you would find your way back to me."

"I am not here to make amends, Lucius, and you know that. I am simply here to collect my belongings so we can finally be through with this," she said, meeting his icy tone with an even colder response. "If you don't mind lifting a finger to help me, I would greatly appreciate it."

"Before we do, can you please take a moment to think about what you are giving up?" pleaded Lucius, who had set his wine glass down on the table beside him. He stood up to tower over her, his grey eyes seeming to see right through her. "It does not have to end in you leaving me. I am more than willing to forget your little...outburst so we can continue this relationship."

"I politely decline your offer. Get on with it, alright?"

Lucius sneered. "Fine. I will allow you to keep any and all gifts I have given you, and you can keep any money as well. I will put a final deposit into your vault at Gringotts since I am feeling particularly generous despite your attitude. But this is the formal end to your relationship, I do hope you know that. After today I will not allow you to run back to me for help. You, my dove, are completely on your own."