𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

'Cause the boy with the cold hard cash
Is always Mister Right

Katherine awoke the next morning to a gentle knock at the door. She shot up, pulling on her robe before pulling on the knob. Narcissa was standing at her door smiling, dressed in a black dress, her makeup already done. She looked stunning, as always. "Katherine, can I come in?" She asked.

Katherine smiled back, nodding as she opened the door to let Narcissa in. "Good morning, Mrs. Malfoy. You seem excited." the girl laughed, plopping down on the bed. She patted the seat next to her, wanting Narcissa to sit by her.

Narcissa obliged and sat herself next to Katherine, crossing her legs. "So, Katherine, are you ready for our little girls day today? There are a few shops in Diagon Alley I think you'll love, they're in the luxury shops. And then we can get our hair done, and maybe a facial? I think there's a spa-"
Katherine laughed, nodding to all of Narcissa's suggestions. "That sounds lovely, Mrs. Malfoy. I'm so glad we'll get to spend time together today. I feel like both of us are definitely going to get along."
Narcissa pressed a gentle kiss on Katherine's cheek. It was warmer than Lucius's kisses, and it made Katherine giggle. Maybe she should fawn over Mrs. Malfoy instead.
-
Narcissa and Katherine strutted down Diagon Alley, hand-in-hand. Katherine noticed that once Narcissa was out of the house, she was less stiff and more fun. She guessed that getting away from Malfoy Manor once and a while would do both of them a world of good. The two of them had already blown through a fair chunk of the money Lucius had left for them, Narcissa buying a gorgeous diamond hair clip that cost a small fortune and Katherine purchasing a handbag made from vegan thestreal leather. Narcissa was leading her towards the salon, a high-end one Katherine had never visited before.

"Mrs. Malfoy, are Lucius and Draco natural blondes?" She asked jokingly. Narcissa laughed, gently patting Katherine on the shoulder. "Yes of course dear. We all are. You have a gorgeous hair color too, such a vibrant red." She admired, gently playing with Katherine's hair making her cheeks turn the color of a pygmy puff.

As the two approached the salon, a man wearing a black sweater holding a stack of magazines rushed out of the door, knocking into Katherine. She fell on the ground, rolling her eyes as she stared up at the man.
"Victor!"
The man smiled, offering her a hand. Katherine enveloped him in a hug, squeezing him tightly. "Mrs. Malfoy, this is Victor. We went to school together and he's the main photographer for The Celestial. We worked together for years." She said excitedly.
Narcissa smiled coldly. "Nice to meet you, Mr-"
"Redferne. Victor Redferne." The man said offering Narcissa his hand.
Narcissa shook his hand gently, giving another weak smile.

"So Katherine, I heard you quit. I miss my favorite assistant." Victor said, pressing a kiss to Katherine's hand. She blushed, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I got offered something better. Let's go out for lunch sometime, Victor, your owl will know where to find me." She teased. Victor just grinned. "I'll take you up on that offer."

Katherine said goodbye quickly, not wanting to hold Narcissa up another moment. But she could've sworn someone was watching her.
The two headed into the salon, Narcissa greeting the receptionist warmly. Two witches in styling robes came up to greet them. "Ah, Narcissa! So nice to see you!" one of them said. Narcissa turned to Katherine. "This is Lila, my stylist. And the other one is Dawn, she's going to do your hair today." She said grinning.
Katherine followed Dawn to the chair, sitting down as the stylist immediately started playing with her hair. "So, dear, what are we doing with this today?" She chirped. Katherine stared at her reflection in the mirror. She had never done anything to her hair before, besides the time Elowen accidentally turned her hair green. Maybe it was time for a change, now that she was assimilating herself into the Malfoy family. But she didn't want blonde, that would just make her and Lucius look related.
"I think I'm going to dye it black."