𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞

Am I doing something wrong?
Are you caught up in the hooks
I throw around?

Katherine kneeled behind the gravestone, her breath heavy as she tried to listen in on the conversation that was going on. She turned her head slightly to see a grotesque bald figure push Lucius to his knees. She whipped her head around and pressed her back against the stone, covering her mouth as she stifled a sob. She could hear Lucius pleading, saying that he always stayed loyal to-

The Dark Lord.

How could she have been so stupid. She knew that Lucius was a Death Eater. She knew of his reputation, the things he did. But she always assumed his excuse of being under the Imperious Curse was true. That he didn't mean to do those terrible things. He had even reassured her he wasn't involved with the dark side anymore. That fucker.

"Ah, Lucius. It seems you brought a little mouse with you."

Katherine stopped breathing, quickly backing away from the stone as it was blasted to pieces behind her. She stood up and turned around, screaming when she saw the sight behind her.
Harry Potter was trapped against a statue, and there was a circle of Death Eaters surrounding the bald figure. Lord Voldemort in the flesh. Her eyes flashed between the figures, before she found the long-haired blond.

Lucius was kneeling, his head tilting up as soon as Voldemort spoke. His head whipped around, his eyes widening as he spotted Katherine. Rising slowly to his feet, he began glancing back and forth between her and Voldemort. He slowly walked over to her, grabbing her arm roughly as he pulled her toward him.
"Katherine...you stupid girl. Do you know what you've now gotten yourself into?" He hissed in her ear. The girl in his arms started to sob, not being able to hold it together. Fear had overtaken her. Katherine rarely cried.

"You just left! You've been suspicious, I just wanted to find out where you were going off to! Ever since the Quidditch World Cup you've been acting strange!" She yelled. She heard Voldemort laugh behind her, and suddenly a Death Eater had her in his grip, his wand poking her face as he laughed manically.
"Katherine, you said her name was? Didn't the Farrington's have a daughter named Katherine? They should've joined me, joined our noble ranks, and maybe then they would still be alive. Someone here would know, someone here was the one who killed poor Arlo and Blythe." Voldemort asked, approaching her. Katherine squirmed, her eyes pleading at Lucius for him to help her. He just kept his head down. She thought he was a vile coward.

Katherine kicked around violently, trying desperately to escape the Death Eater's grip. She turned her head to Lucius, her eyes filled with absolute raging fire. "You-you killed them didn't you?" she screamed.
Voldemort laughed again, shaking his head. "Lucius? No, not him. Your parents weren't important enough to be killed by him. No, your parents were murdered by Nott. And he's here if he wants to finish the job. A little pre-show, before we kill Harry Potter. Just for fun."

Katherine was sobbing now, still thrashing around desperately. The Death Eater identified as Nott threw her to the ground on her knees. He stood above her, tilting her chin up with his wand. Lucius made eye contact with Katherine, and she could see a look of sorrow in his eyes.
"Cruc-"
"WAIT!" Lucius yelled, quickly pulling Nott back. He looked down at her before looking at Voldemort, picking her up and holding her back against him.
"My Lord, she's here for a reason. I knew she'd follow me. She's my gift to you, you see. I purposefully chose her to be my...assistant for that reason. I knew who her parents were, how they refused to join your cause. When I caught wind of your upcoming return I thought there would be no better gift to you then to bring you the daughter of the one family you couldn't convert. I tricked her, lured her in with my riches, lived with her, slept with her. All to gain her trust so I could eventually bring her to you, my lord. "