Gravity's pull

'HOW DID HE ESCAPE?!' Snoke's outraged voice echoed loudly in the throne chamber. Hux flinched. Havre saw his hands shaking, as he was struggling to get a hold of himself.

'As I said, sir...' the general whispered fearfully. 'Somebody must have helped him get out... I- Ah!' Hux squeaked, as Snoke picked him up with the Force and hit his body on the floor, as if it weighed nothing. Havre could hear Hux let out a quiet, painful howl. She looked away and suddenly met Ren's gaze. They looked at each other for a moment, before Havre turned her head away. She felt her stomach turn. Did he know...?

'FIND THE TRAITOR!' Snoke roared. 'If you fail to do so, I'm afraid, you will have to pay for this mistake yourself, General.'

Hux picked himself up from the floor and mumbling something under his breath, stumbled out of the room. Havre watched this pitiful scene with a lump in her throat. She found something reminiscent of remorse inside of her, but knew there was little to nothing she could do if she wanted to stay out of sight.

'You two...' Snoke hissed at her and Ren, narrowing his eyes. 'Find the Jedi... Bring him back, alive.'

'Yes, Supreme Leader.' Ren replied strongly. 'I believe he took one of the Starfighters, he couldn't have gone far. We can still track him down...'

'Get back on that ship' Snoke drawled. 'and find him. My patience is running out.'

Havre followed Ren out of the room and as soon as the blast door closed behind her, she felt a shiver pass through her. Snoke's anger was so overwhelming, focusing on closing off her mind was harder than ever, and under pressure... almost impossible. Havre slowed her steps, trying to buy herself more time to think. She had to come up with a plan. The day before she acted recklessly, too choked up on the adrenaline to think about the consequences her actions would bring. Although she knew Snoke would find out sooner or later, she scolded herself for not making up any plan on how she was going to contact the Jedi afterwards.

'We'll take my command shuttle' Ren's serious tone broke through the barrier of her thoughts. 'It's bigger, and we might need a trooper squad...'

'No.' Havre cut him off and felt that his gaze lingered on her face a few seconds longer than it normally has. Was it suspicion? Havre looked into his eyes, trying to come off as if she had nothing to hide. 'I think... It would be better if we split up.'

'Split up?' Ren frowned, confused and malcontent. 'No. And I don't think you're in a position to make any decisions. Or question mine.'

'What?' She blurted out, crossing her arms.

'Outside of that throne room,' Ren pointed to the elevator door. 'You listen to me. I don't have time to bicker about command matters with someone like you.'

Havre opened her mouth with disbelief, but before she could address Ren, the elevator stopped and he walked out, deliberately ignoring her. They stepped again out into the hangar.

'Might I remind you,' Havre hissed, quickening up to his pace. 'that I am not your subordinate. And as far as I remember it, I was the one to capture the Jedi...'

Ren ignored her and turned to an officer in a black suit that approached them out of nowhere.

'Sir,' the officer spoke up sternly. 'the inmate escaped in one of the starfighters from the A0 level. He tried to disable the tracking device, but we managed to locate the ship.'

'Send the division to my command shuttle and prepare for take-off in five.' Ren commanded coldly.

'Yes, sir.' the officer walked away exclaiming directions to the radio in his hand. Ren led Havre to the command shuttle - a large Upsilon-class ship, with side wings so tall, they nearly touched the Hangar's ceiling. On its side, a formation of troops in black uniforms was already preparing for take-off. Havre and Ren walked into the ship through the lowered entry ramp and he went straight to the large cockpit. Located on the front of the ship, behind a red-glass window, the pilot compartment was equipped with a set of two seats. Ren, as usual, took the flight officer pilot's position, the co-pilot's chair was already occupied by a trooper.