Training

The Supremacy ship traveled in the Imperial parts of the Galaxy but never stayed in one place for too long. Surrounded by an entire fleet of other star destroyers, it resembled an impregnable fortress. From each window stretched out the same, dark void punctuated by distant stars and Planets. Havre had never been on a starship this huge. It was an entire militarian city, a so-called Capital of the First Order. Havre had heard about it as a place where a new world was built from scratch, a place that would set an example to annexed planets. However, this tale of children being brought up in peace and with new, improved morals, of people working side by side with the army to create a new, better world... That was nowhere to be seen. Of course, Havre knew that the First Order was still at war and were never fooled that whatever propaganda he shared, Snoke had never believed in peace, but still... The Supremacy was much emptier than what she had expected. Filled to its limits with people, but still empty.

Havre pressed a button on a wall and opened the closet. She inhaled slowly, seeing her silhouette reflecting in the glass-case with her new armor. She opened it and took it out carefully. It was heavier than she had expected. She threw it onto the bed and traced her fingers over the cold, metal protectors.

'The New Sith Order...' she muttered under her breath. 'Whatever that means...'

Havre stripped out of her robes and put on the tight overall aketon. The fabric was soft on the inside, comfortable and breathable, but rough and on the outside. She strapped two girdles with lightsaber attachments on her thighs and connected them to the belt on her waist. Then came on the metal chest protectors, over which she put the pauldrons. Lastly, she slid her hands into the leather gloves and put on the rest of the protectors on her arms and legs.

Havre felt a strange feeling in her throat when she took the last piece in her hands - the helmet. Descendant never wore anything like this, nor they had an armor as strong...

Havre inhaled as if she feared she wouldn't be able to breathe inside of the helmet, before sliding it over her head. When she exhaled, she heard that her breath sounded distorted, similar to how Ren's voice was. Now, through the glass covering her eyes, the room was drowned in a garish red tint. She looked over at the window and saw her reflection over the dark space void stretching outside.

Her heart skipped a beat. She had never seen herself looking so intimidating, yet so... anonymous. She felt strangely comforted by that fact as if she was now not only mentally but physically closed off from the world.

The day before she was told to show up at the training center on the southern part of the 04 levels. Havre memorized the directions from a map displayed by her messenger droid and left her quarters sometime before 5 AM to be there earlier. She had this habit from her days at Mustafar - any time training alone was worth exploiting.

She walked through the halls of the ship at a fast pace. Troopers jumped to the side to get out of her way, startled at the sight of another Sith Knight among them. Havre's helmet was built in a way to not mute the surrounding sounds and she could clearly hear troopers whisper to each other about her. "That's enough..." she thought and when she turned into another corner, she used the force to mask her presence.

The training center was in a secluded part of the ship, locked out to the troops. Havre used the key she was given to open the blast door, behind which she found a dark, narrow hall with red light strips on the bottom part of its walls, leading to an opening of a large room. Havre walked out of the hall slowly looking around. It was evidently the training room. On the walls hung familiar equipment, such as magnetic spheres and panels, climbing joints, metal staffs, helmets for practice combat, and other Havre didn't know the purpose of. She wondered why the equipment was even there if Ren was the only apprentice, but then supposed that there must have been others before him. He seemed to be young, probably just a few years older than she was, and Snoke had been the Supreme Leader for over thirty years. Havre walked up to one of the walls, under which a wide control console was placed. She instinctively pushed one of the buttons and the wall before her that turned out to be a shutter, moved up, revealing a huge window, through which Havre saw an enormous training field. It must have been wider than the whole base on Mustafar. The room in which Havre was standing was located at a higher level than the ground of the field, but its ceiling was even higher. The whole length must have been about a hundred meters. Its walls were made out of panels, to which in some places parallel tiers were attached as climbing points. The bottom was partly laid out with black sleek tiles and partly covered in what looked like charcoal gravel. Havre looked down at the console and a white screen attracted her attention. When she touched it, a small holographic silhouette appeared in front of her and the screen displayed a set of choices. "Artificial combat training?" she thought and clicked one of the settings on the screen. A semi holographic life-size silhouette of a tall knight appeared on the training grounds.