Coming home

The Mantis was shaking in rapid turns, the engines roaring at the top of their mechanical lungs. The battle had been won, but not yet for Cal Kestis and his crew.

'Any trace of her?!' Alyss yelled out from the cockpit. The Supremacy ship had already reached the atmosphere of the planet below them, forced to landing.

'No! We might have to get inside!' Cal shouted back.

'Inside?' Finn frowned in confusion. 'What, does he want to land in the hangar?!'

Alyss ignored him and punched the drive, getting the Mantis closer to the Supremacy. They could see the ground of the planet below getting closer and closer with every second. If they wanted to get in and out before the landing, they had little to no time to do so, and yet Alyss didn't hesitate.

'We need to be quick!' she yelled out to Cal again. Before he could answer, a voice came out of the radio.

'This is Bridge to Mantis, all ships are to turn back from the Supremacy before it hits land, what are you doing?!'

Alyss sent Finn a tense glance and the Padawan quickly pulled on the speaker.

'This is Mantis to Bridge, your transmission is breaking, can you repeat?'

'Mantis, this is Bridge, your ship is on the line of...'

'Turn this thing off!' Cal hopped into the cockpit and ripped the speaker out of its input. Finn raised his eyebrows, astonished, but bit his tongue before he said anything.

'You sure about this, Cal?' Alyss asked, as they were closing into the Supremacy, even though it would be hard to turn back now.

'Positive. Finn, get your blaster, we're going in.'

Finn brightened up and jumped out of the seat, only to be stopped by Cal's firm hand.

'Hold on now, remember, you're there to cover me, not go against the First Order.'

'Yes, I know...' Finn sighed.

'I don't want you getting hurt for no reason.'

'I think getting rid of some death troopers would be a pretty good reason...' Finn muttered under his breath.

'Finn, I'm serious.' Cal uttered.

'Get ready!' Alyss said loudly and the ship dropped down, levelling with the hangar. 'I'm opening the door in three...'

Cal's face suddenly fell and his hand gripped the back of the pilot's seat.

'Wait.' He gasped out and Alyss's hand lingered on the opening button. 'Not here...'

'What?...' she mumbled, but Cal interrupted her.

'Give me the console,' he said firmly. 'I know where she is.'

However surprised, Alyss quickly got out of the seat and let Cal in it instead. Reading his intentions off his expression, she turned to Finn.

'Better buckle down, kid.'

The Mantis dropped down so quickly, their stomachs went up to their throat. Cal sped up, diving underneath the giant ship's chassis.

'Cal, where are we...' Alyss uttered, but then suddenly she perked up and jumped up to the window. 'Oh, stars, Cal, THERE!'

Finn's eyes widened, as they saw a silhouette darkening on the outside wall of the ship.

'Alyss, take the console,' Cal pressed the button to open the door. Alyss took over in the pilot's seat, while Cal and Finn rushed out of the cockpit.