Canto Bight Blowout

Havre and Alyss were brought into the guest room, a large chamber with walls of glass displaying the city's panorama. It was swarmed with the upper-class guests - gamblers, opportunists and dealers.

'What can I get you?' a tall butler droid emerged from behind them and Havre immediately recognised it - Gavi Shan's silent killers, dressed up in servant armour.

'Something bubbly for the ladies, I'll take Black Spotchka on the rocks,' the Twi'lek said pompously. The droid nodded and walked away into the crowd. 'Can't stand those robo-schmucks.'

Havre looked away, scanning the room. Four droids roamed around the guests, but she knew Shan had more of his guards scattered around other rooms of the penthouse. And the host himself was probably staying in a safe room, away from the guests, having his middlemen mingle with potential business partners for him. But where was the prisoner...

'Manjora!' Suddenly a large figure rose above her head and a hand reached just before her head. 'What a nice surprise!'

'Lady Galusta! I was hoping to see you here tonight!'

Havre had to duck to the side, to escape being smashed in the Twi'lek and Xi'Dec's embrace. Once freed from the businessman's grip, she quickly moved behind Alyss.

'What does your guy look like?' she whispered.

'He's an Ithorian.' Alyss replied in a low voice, while Twi'lek was still engaged with the woman.

'Stay here.' Havre said, glancing at the pair. 'You have to cover for me. I'll get back as soon as I find him.'

Alyss nodded and Havre quickly slipped into the crowd around them. Ducking and jumping under and over tentacles, legs and parts of someone's clothing she reached the corridor leading into the other parts of the penthouse. She knew that becoming invisible wouldn't be of any use, since Gavi Shan's guards were mostly droids, Havre had to be extremely cautious. She flashed across the common rooms and entered a dark narrow corridor secluded from the sight of other guests. She stopped at the end of the hall before the familiar, heavy door leading to Shan's main quarters. Havre looked around and not seeing anybody, waved her hand over the lock. The door opened automatically and Havre slipped inside. From there, she knew exactly where to go. Minding her surroundings for any droids or guards, she walked in the shadow along the tall walls through the living room up to the door to Gavi Shan's office. To her surprise, the room was empty, so the dealer must have been in his bedroom, or maybe he wasn't in his penthouse at all. Havre slipped inside and hurried behind one of the cabinets, where, just like she remembered, the entrance to the prison chamber was hidden. Havre didn't open it just yet, but closed her eyes and reached out to the force. And just as she saw the image of an Ithorian sleeping chained to the wall, the door to the office opened and Havre quickly clung to the wall.

'No! No! You have to get the deal closed today! I don't care what he says, do it!' Gavi Shan's irritated voice sounded in the room and then was followed by a droid sound. 'Don't ask me that!'

Havre held her breath. If the droid came in her direction, the whole plan would be ruined.

'Sir, the second salesman just made an offer.' The droid said in a monotone voice. 'He's offering a downpayment one-third the price.'

'Fine.' Shan said. 'But make sure it's settled before the end of the month, I don't trust that guy anymore.'

Havre heard Shan's footsteps coming in her direction and she slowly reached into her inner pocket.

'Sir, Kali Unn is requesting a call.' the droid said and Shan stopped just around the corner where Havre was standing.

'What does she want?' the man stopped. Havre tightened her grip on the saber's hilt. 'Ugh, never mind, I don't need to know, put her through in my chambers.'